FSU hires Cornrow Norvell from bottom feeder Memphis

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe he was. But I think FSU thought they were negotiating with him.
it's really difficult position if you think about it.

Jimmy Sexton goes in has you window shopping for Stoops or Meyer to find out what your top dollar is then tries to bait and switch already knowing how much you put out. it's kind of hard say can't afford it later or you cant sweeten the pot with this or that staff allowance or whatever funding.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Spanx girl gave them $20 million....saved their dumb asses. Got to give Thrasher credit for firing Wilcox and Taggart before it was too late, too.

Hasn't that been debunked?

Yes it has. She doesn't donate to the athletic program.

The day of the buyout I was told from a Nole that they robbed the facility budget to pay for it (or a portion of it). The facility budget got a huge boost post Jimbo. Jimbo complained about facilities and blamed them for leaving, so they received a bunch of donations out of spite. I was told the fund was for their football only facility and that the account took a severe hit with the buyout.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
The day of the buyout I was told from a Nole that they robbed the facility budget to pay for it (or a portion of it). The facility budget got a huge boost post Jimbo. Jimbo complained about facilities and blamed them for leaving, so they received a bunch of donations out of spite. I was told the fund was for their football only facility and that the account took a severe hit with the buyout.

I heard the same thing from people in the facility department. As of now that project isn’t even in their pipeline. The architect told me months ago he was told it was canceled.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I heard the same thing from people in the facility department. As of now that project isn’t even in their pipeline. The architect told me months ago he was told it was canceled.

It was canceled months ago and they had already spent the money before the buyout....Spanx lady made an exception out of embarrassment.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
It was canceled months ago and they had already spent the money before the buyout....Spanx lady made an exception out of embarrassment.

Huge, very relevant questions. Where did that buyout money come from, and are the funds for future development still there. Doesn’t sound like it.

Not surprisingly, the degenerate gambler didn’t even think to ask. Between his addiction and the side pieces, I bet the guy has unpaid bills from Jared, Zales and Michael Kors pouring into his burner ymail account.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Huge, very relevant questions. Where did that buyout money come from, and are the funds for future development still there. Doesn’t sound like it.

Not surprisingly, the degenerate gambler didn’t even think to ask. Between his addiction and the side pieces, I bet the guy has unpaid bills from Jared, Zales and Michael Kors pouring into his burner ymail account.

There is no money. Coburn has mandated 10% cuts across the board from day one and frozen all projects. He has shopped facilities naming rights to anyone that would listen. Fired Wilcox and tried to help Taggart with Briles and Leavitt. Nothing was helping....Spanx lady saved the program....period. Still a long way to go, but they were in a death spiral.....Norvell has zero margin for error and Thrasher vetted him thoroughly......stay tuned....

GatorFL

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2017

I hope it comes out. It'll be like Zach Smith but the head coaching version. On that note I can only pray he had a unitard sent to his office at Memphis.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
There is no money. Coburn has mandated 10% cuts across the board from day one and frozen all projects. He has shopped facilities naming rights to anyone that would listen. Fired Wilcox and tried to help Taggart with Briles and Leavitt. Nothing was helping....Spanx lady saved the program....period. Still a long way to go, but they were in a death spiral.....Norvell has zero margin for error and Thrasher vetted him thoroughly......stay tuned....

They are such dumbasses. They completely screwed up the whole Jimbo thing. If they would’ve just upgraded their facilities, they would still be dominating recruiting and competing for ACC championships.

Jimbo was not a great coach by any means, but he was dominating in state recruiting. And if you can dominate in state recruiting in Florida, you’re going to compete for championships.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
They are such dumbasses. They completely screwed up the whole Jimbo thing. If they would’ve just upgraded their facilities, they would still be dominating recruiting and competing for ACC championships.

Jimbo was not a great coach by any means, but he was dominating in state recruiting. And if you can dominate in state recruiting in Florida, you’re going to compete for championships.
Yeah, if your roster is good enough sometimes the Jimbo Fisher or fat former type coaches accidentally win through no fault of their own competence.

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
Given that they asked the boosters for a one time 20% increase they have to be hurting.

That’s some desperate schit...

qsqstnhbmbdblorlrpu3

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator