FSU hires Cornrow Norvell from bottom feeder Memphis

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
I was hoping for some feedback on my theory but no luck so far.

I am suggesting that Deion was a candidate for 5-10 minutes until that aggravating little thing called qualifications came to the surface and everyone realized that Deion cannot be a coach because he has not graduated from college.

By quietly stating that he is not a candidate, FSU is able to save Deion from the obvious embarrassment of having to admit that he was never even a college student back in the day.

Can anyone out there with knowledge confirm that a degree is required?
Salary and Career Info for a College Football Coach

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Not sure Mark wants it either.
lol... you think stoops wants to stay at Kentucky wherr in a good year he finishes third in the SEC East vs going to a school where he can theoretically win a national championship? in the SEC he has to beat Mullins with inferior talent to finish second in his division.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He was the classic “let’s focus on this week” guy when asked, so I think on the surface he loves the idea. But things change.

holy smokes

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I was hoping for some feedback on my theory but no luck so far.

I am suggesting that Deion was a candidate for 5-10 minutes until that aggravating little thing called qualifications came to the surface and everyone realized that Deion cannot be a coach because he has not graduated from college.

By quietly stating that he is not a candidate, FSU is able to save Deion from the obvious embarrassment of having to admit that he was never even a college student back in the day.

Can anyone out there with knowledge confirm that a degree is required?

For a coaching position, the minimum requirement is a bachelor's degree; however, many schools prefer to hire a coach with a master's degree or higher. In some states, certification is required. Additionally, most coaches are required to be certified in

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
A good a theory as any. This is of course the danger in getting a bunch of alums to pony up big money. They are going to believe it gives them a say in who the replacement should be (with the added benefit of not having to take responsibility if their choice fails). I think they would have all been for Bob Stoops (and perhaps he was dangled in front of them to get the $), but if he really isn’t interested they’ll end up with a compromise choice which probably won’t end well.

wiLLLLLLLLLLLies buy out was paid for 100% by Null grad and billionaire Sara Blakely who invented and owns Spanx.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Didn't UCF have a coach a few years ago whose lack of a degree came out when he was selected as head coach of ND?

Not exactly. He claimed to have a masters degree that he didn’t have. He did have his undergrad degree. The false claim busted him.

Best thing that happened to UCF. Before O’Leary they were meandering and had fallen behind USF.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.