FSU hires Cornrow Norvell from bottom feeder Memphis

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You mean to help Haggins avoid the embarrassment of being, like Mullen, the third choice? :lol:
Well..... you know..... he was an assistant on the last championship coach. That is all it takes.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
FSU is said to be haughty in its search, with a source stating Thrasher and Coburn are looking to go “big-game hunting.” That in turn points to whether USC retains Helton and, if not, whether it makes a run after Meyer. Franklin is said to want that job if it opens, but he would be second choice after Meyer.

The dominoes, as the thinking is being presented, could lead to Franklin being open to talking to FSU.

Article I read earlier this week said Helton was safe for this year. Apparently the president (female I believe) likes Helton and feels he’s a stabilizing factor for a school that needs that for the time being and the new, or soon to be new-can’t remember if they’ve brought the new guy in yet-AD wants to see what Helton is all about firsthand. I don’t think he’s getting the axe just yet.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Could Luke Fickell get a look? Worked under Urban. Cindy doing well.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
He was 6-6 at OSU w a LOADED roster.

Yeah, that was 7 years ago and he was the interim for a season (I.e.-he wasn’t hiring his own staff and building it the same way when you’re hired and given the job as the permanent HC). He went to a lower tier program presumably to get experience on how to be a HC, the way other successful coaches have done it and has done pretty well.

As far as records go, Willie was 7-5 with a loaded Oregon team in a weak azz conference and then he was 9 and whatever at FSU with a boatload of talent. So yeah, it appears Fickell would be an upgrade over Taggart and I’d personally rather see a career position coach like Haggins given his first HC job at our main rival than a guy that had some experience running a program from top to bottom.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
if an announcement isnt made sunday morning after we slaughter them, then its haggins.
I figured they would announce Mark Stoops Sunday morning to deflect from the ass raping they took on Saturday night. Looks like Stoops put a stop to that clownery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator