Funerals

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Funerals are a great place to pick up a chick.

Consider the widow. She's single, probably not seeing anybody yet, emotionally vulnerable, and probably has some extra cash coming in. Win-Win situation for everybody.

Alex.
The test would be if the recent widow accepts your invite for dinner but for a 5:00 engagement at Golden Corral. A decision will have to be made as to whether that fits your parameters.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The test would be if the recent widow accepts your invite for dinner but for a 5:00 engagement at Golden Corral. A decision will have to be made as to whether that fits your parameters.

If you taking her to the all you can eat Golden Corral, how big is this widow you are trying to put in the pin?

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If you taking her to the all you can eat Golden Corral, how big is this widow you are trying to put in the pin?
:lol: Not me… @AlexDaGator! Are we talking “in the pen” or “finished?” Could probably get a better idea taking her to one of the Chop Suey joints and see how much her take-out box weighs.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
:lol: Not me… @AlexDaGator! Are we talking “in the pen” or “finished?” Could probably get a better idea taking her to one of the Chop Suey joints and see how much her take-out box weighs.

I just wish I had thought of this strategy when Anna Nicole Smith so desperately needed comforting following the loss of her beloved husband, you know, while the lawyers were sorting through her former husband's billions.

Alex.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I just wish I had thought of this strategy when Anna Nicole Smith so desperately needed comforting following the loss of her beloved husband, you know, while the lawyers were sorting through her former husband's billions.

Alex.
Providing comfort for the grieving is about as humanitarian as it gets. A doff of my cap to you, good sir :lol:

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Funerals are a great place to pick up a chick.

Consider the widow. She's single, probably not seeing anybody yet, emotionally vulnerable, and probably has some extra cash coming in. Win-Win situation for everybody.

Alex.
Will Ferrell Movie GIF by filmeditor

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
My most recent funeral attendance has been wonderful. I reconnected with people I had not seen 30 to f40and even over 50 yrs. The last one was a judge who was my best friend when were 12-14. His family were sorta upper middle class so he had things I could only imagine. I spent 3 weeks in Miami where his mom lived one summer and had a blast. Timmy was the judge in Levy County and soon after retirement died of a heart attack. He was an interessting guy and we had just communicated about having lunch. At the funeral I saw his sister and wife and brothers I had not seen since I was VERY young. My first love was there and I should have taken her to lunch. But we caught up. I see her every year when I go to Tallacrappy to see another friend. A gal who I was crazy about in HS showed up with Tims brother. They had been married awhile now. Julie Ann. I could tell she was as happy to see me as I was her. I told her I tried to get her to a multi class reunion but could not find hehr. She said she would have been there had she known I was there. She had movie star looks in HS. I finally got her aside and told her I expected a little old lady but that she was STILL beautiful. She has a wonderful smile and that was her answer. We had English together and thats how we got to know each other. One of the first drinking parties (very small party) I ever went to she was there and the beer gave me the courage to kiss her. Funerals are like family reunions now. Too bad we dont reunion before the deaths.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Pretty shocking thread title - seems to be a dead AIDS victim, which is possibly why it just says "funeral"?

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Pretty shocking thread title - seems to be a dead AIDS victim, which is possibly why it just says "funeral"?
I know…but it’s been up for four days. Where are the mods when you need them? :dunno:

:lol:

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Speaking of funerals. I'm not normally a fan but am looking forward to simple bill's.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
For all I care, they can just roll me over into a ditch somewhere and let the scavengers have a meal...
Careful all those inbreds in Bama you'll likely end up on a dinner table in a trailer as the main course...kinda like when a coon or possum gets hit by a car up there...

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I've only been to 2 and both were for terminally ill people including my dad so both were not really emotionally charged so to speak(other than the folding of the flag). Not sure how I'd respond to an unexpected death funeral. Don't really want to find out either.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
This past Saturday, Mrs. Nalt, our youngest, and I participated in Wreaths Across America 2024. The cemetery where Mrs. Nalt's parents were laid to rest is called "Union Cemetery" and there are a few hundred veterans buried there all the way back to the American Civil war. It's another nice way to honor those who served that are no longer with us.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Not sure how this fits into the discussion but I have to share it.

When my grandmother passed in the late nineties we attended her funeral in the Orlando area where she lived for fifty years.
The service was held at the funeral parlor and with the entire family present, the funeral director played some music in the background.
Right before the service began they played “Raindrops keep falling on my Head” by BJ Thomas.
Even my mother was unable to hold her laughter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator