Future QB Legacy

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Per the Sun today. The sophmore QB for GHS this year is Luke Mathews and the Off coordinator is none other than Shane Mathews............said Shane was the Buchholz OFF COORD last year.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
For a second I thought Trask lit up the practice field yesterday, damnit. I guess Shane is following the talent, that's what parents do now.

Last edited:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It always amazes me that Shane lasted as long as he did in the pros. I worked at the Gainesville airport in the late 90s and Shane came through to go up to Buffalo for training camp. Or tryouts. Or something. He was wearing jean shorts and his legs were the size of toothpicks. He couldn't of been more than 170-180 pounds. I thought they were going to kill him for sure.

But he had a very long career in the NFL.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He was a QB, not a fullback. QB is about thinking and accuracy.

It's also pretty easy to play for a long time when you are a clipboard holder most of the time.

He was a decent pro QB though, there is no way around it, even for you Shane haters who think he unfairly maligned Daz and Chimp. Not great but competent.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He was a QB, not a fullback. QB is about thinking and accuracy.

It's also pretty easy to play for a long time when you are a clipboard holder most of the time.

He was a decent pro QB though, there is no way around it, even for you Shane haters who think he unfairly maligned Daz and Chimp. Not great but competent.

I wasn't saying he needed to be 240 pounds. I'm a big fan of Shane. I was just surprised he lasted as long as he did and wasn't killed by a 280 pound DE due to his slight build.

Last edited:

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Shane is one of my favorite Gator QBs, probably top 5. He and the HBC surprised the whole SEC in 90.

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He was wearing jean shorts

Jorts? Really?? You couldn't just have said, "He was wearing shorts", or fibbed and said that "He was wearing cargos"....???

:doh:

:lol:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Jorts? Really?? You couldn't just have said, "He was wearing shorts", or fibbed and said that "He was wearing cargos"....???

:doh:

:lol:

I wanted everybody else to revel in the image that I can't get out of my head.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Hey J, I have a friend who worked at the gville airport around the same time. Curious if you knew him, I'll PM you.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
What the hell is the big deal with Jorts anyway? I mean they wouldn't make them if nobody wore them, so I know I'm not the only one that wears them...sheeshhhh, guess everybody's gotta find something to put people down for.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
What the hell is the big deal with Jorts anyway? I mean they wouldn't make them if nobody wore them, so I know I'm not the only one that wears them...sheeshhhh, guess everybody's gotta find something to put people down for.

You're right J … why the Kardashian/Jenners wear jorts … and they're fashion icons. ??

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You're right J … why the Kardashian/Jenners wear jorts … and they're fashion icons. ??
rog, it's times like these I'm glad I have a hard time understanding you. This almost sounds like you're putting me in the same category as Kardashians and Jenners. Man, haven't you seen my fishing videos? I'm neither fashionable, nor an ex-Olympian gold medalist turned female. I'm an ugly old codger that "doesn't" run fast.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
No problem here, Nav. Always keep in mind that I'm from the school of Gracie Allen nonsense.
So first part of my declaration credits J with "rightness" … then 2nd part obliquely annihilates
that with the "see-through" sarcasm of putting the Kardashians as proofs of the strength of J's stance.??
:confused: unless, of course you were turning the same back on me ??

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
No problem here, Nav. Always keep in mind that I'm from the school of Gracie Allen nonsense.
So first part of my declaration credits J with "rightness" … then 2nd part obliquely annihilates
that with the "see-through" sarcasm of putting the Kardashians as proofs of the strength of J's stance.??
:confused: unless, of course you were turning the same back on me ??
You quoted me, but were replying to J? Maybe that's where I got lost...carry on!

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Proud to say I have never worn shorts made of denim.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator