Game 7: GSW vs OKC

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I know there's not gonna be much traction on this board for this game. But if you're pulling for OKC, what a frustrating game the last one was.

Courtside seats are going for something like 25K.

I'd love to see Donovan get a title. But even if they won this one I'm not sure they could get past the Cavs.

Go Thunder.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
OKC was up 3-1. They've already lost the series. Good run for Billy though.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Steph Curry, the sCam Newton of the NBA. Talks **** and celebrates when he wins, a sore crybaby bitch when he loses.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Steph Curry, the sCam Newton of the NBA. Talks **** and celebrates when he wins, a sore crybaby ***** when he loses.

I don't have anything against him, but I don't get all the love for him. A really good score. But we've seen many of them throughout the years. Mediocre on defense. I don't even understand how he was a unanimous pick for MVP this year.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I want Donovan to get a title, but OKC isn't beating the Cavs. Durant drops into a fetal position when going up against Lebron.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
I don't have anything against him, but I don't get all the love for him. A really good score. But we've seen many of them throughout the years. Mediocre on defense. I don't even understand how he was a unanimous pick for MVP this year.
Probably has something to do with how he demolished the three point record and led his team to the best regular season in history. Who else would even be considered? :dunno:

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
The Steph hate is irrational, I've yet to see him handle losses poorly like Cam does. Anybody have proof?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Probably has something to do with how he demolished the three point record and led his team to the best regular season in history. Who else would even be considered? :dunno:

He was that much better than all of his peers this season than any other player was in comparison to players in their seasons?

I don't buy that.

I think he was pretty comparable to Westbrook and LeBron James in dominance. Maybe even less so.

Last edited:

rockinchair

Dec 11, 2015

He deserved the MVP I think, but I agree that it shouldn't have been unanimous.

Any year LeBron James is in the NBA and he doesn't win MVP, there shouldn't be a unanimous winner.

Steph is the greatest shooter of all time. Which is great, but many fans and media members are getting ahead of themselves and lumping him into a "greatest player of all time" category, to which he has no business belonging.

Steph Curry is in the league and in the right place at the right time. The NBA is becoming more and more of a finesse game and more about the 3 ball. The game is getting smaller, quicker, and faster; all of which benefit Steph. It's also becoming more and more soft. In the 80s, 90s, early 00s, he'd be an easy stop. Just be physical with him on both ends of the court. Physically, Steph couldn't handle it. But in today's game he's essentially protected like Tom Brady and Peyton Manning.

I don't want to sound like a Steph-hater, because I love watching him play. I just think most fans and the media needs to be more realistic in their evaluation of Steph in the big picture.

That said, I'm definitely pulling for the Thunder and am a huge Westbrook fan.

Last edited:

rockinchair

Dec 11, 2015
Sulking on the bench with a towel over your head and 10 mins left in the game when you get beat is pretty cammish...

Just sayin...

It was pretty noticeable in games 2 and 3 of last year's Finals the way he pouted and whined after they lost. Also in games 3 and 4 of this series with the Thunder. Even more specifically he wasn't showboating and talking trash until the last 5 minutes of Game 6 when he Klay started to hit all those 3s.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I think OKC is a deadly 3 pt shooter away from being unstoppable. Somebody like Reddick or Mike Miller who is a role player that'll knock down open 3s when Durant and Westbrook drive and kick

Maybe BD bring in Frazier in the offseason...lol

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I just don't understand how golden state gets away with all those dirty screens. They're out there holding worse than the crimson tide.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
This is ridiculous

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Durant is shiiiiiiiiiiiiity in this game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator