Game 7: GSW vs OKC

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
You couldn't be more wrong. Don't defend? 4th in the league in points against (per 100 possessions). 8th in steals. 2nd in blocks. Thompson Iguadala Bogut Green are all elite defenders - other guys are excellent as well.

Rebounds? 4th in the league in rpg (1 in defensive rebounds).

Points in the paint? 9th in the league.

This is an historically great team talented in every facet of the game. The level of difficulty on Curry and Thompson shots is off the charts and they hit at a nearly 50% clip! No defense can stop that in any era and it makes it nearly impossible to guard the entire team because your defense is stretched out way beyond the 3 point line (hence their success scoring in the paint).

The league is better than its ever been in my opinion. Fast paced, ball-movement oriented offense is so much better to watch than the ISO ball of Jordan's era.

Can't wait for the finals where Cleveland will be a very tough out.

Durty just got done dirty. Lighthouse just dropped the mic bro. It's ok Durty, we've all taken an L at some point.

Sep 29, 2015
Is it hard to type with GS's jock in your hands?

People like you constantly quote stats, although stats don't mean a whole lot. Did you actually watch the games? Golden State got beat by OKC in nearly every facet of the game, they just chucked desperation threes from near half court when nothing else worked and they kept going in.

No one saying they can't shoot, or aren't the best two shooters in the league princess. What we are saying is that's all they do. And the rules and officiating are engineered to make it so that that's all they need to do. If you're arguing against those statements you're retarded.

Is it easy to type demonstrably false generalizations to salve your defeated personal biases? Apparently.......

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The game has evolved to where the three pointer is the most critical part of the game. OKC can not hit threes.

It is frustrating to see a team built like that take down more well-rounded teams, but unfortunately it is the evolution of the league.

Cleveland has shooters and an inside game. We will see how that plays out.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Sep 29, 2015
The game has evolved to where the three pointer is the most critical part of the game. OKC can not hit threes.

It is frustrating to see a team built like that take down more well-rounded teams, but unfortunately it is the evolution of the league.

I agree with this other than the idea that OKC is the more well-rounded team. GS can go big or small, can score inside and out efficiently (like NV says, they choose to score more "out" because 3>2), and can obviously defend. OKC's weakness (other than the limited 3 point shooting) is that they cannot defend and score with their bigs at the same time. Kanter is great on offense, but can't defend the perimeter. Adams is the opposite.

Cleveland has more options than OKC on offense, but Love and Irving are suspect defenders, which could be the difference (and I think its the reason they picked up Frye).

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Let's not sugar coat this. OKC should have won. It's not as bad as the Yankees losing to Boston being up 3-0, but this was ridiculous. Especially up 8 starting the 4th quarter of game 6. And up 12 or so early in game 7. I suspect Durant will be gone.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He deserved the MVP I think, but I agree that it shouldn't have been unanimous.

Any year LeBron James is in the NBA and he doesn't win MVP, there shouldn't be a unanimous winner.

Steph is the greatest shooter of all time. Which is great, but many fans and media members are getting ahead of themselves and lumping him into a "greatest player of all time" category, to which he has no business belonging.

Steph Curry is in the league and in the right place at the right time. The NBA is becoming more and more of a finesse game and more about the 3 ball. The game is getting smaller, quicker, and faster; all of which benefit Steph. It's also becoming more and more soft. In the 80s, 90s, early 00s, he'd be an easy stop. Just be physical with him on both ends of the court. Physically, Steph couldn't handle it. But in today's game he's essentially protected like Tom Brady and Peyton Manning.

I don't want to sound like a Steph-hater, because I love watching him play. I just think most fans and the media needs to be more realistic in their evaluation of Steph in the big picture.

That said, I'm definitely pulling for the Thunder and am a huge Westbrook fan.

This +10

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Sorry. You can go up 3-1 on MJ's Bulls and you better close out the series. Are you just trying to spare Billy the label of a choker? It's more on KD and Westbrook than Billy. All told though...they are all chokers.
r960-4b4ece480a05c58e6d2e521d5f2e4dd6.jpg

topper-gators.jpg

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014

NBA 20 or 30 years ago was better. The 3 is just too valuable. For OKC to beat great shooting 3 teams like the Spurs, Warriors and the Cavs is asking alot of a team that is below average at shooting 3's. Billy needs to get this right with the right changes they could win it all next year. They need a 2 guard for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator