Game day on our cancellation

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
I get that many feel we need to find a way to get this game played, but exactly when are we supposed to play it? The usual talking heads on ESPN this morning made it sound like it would be a crime if it got cancelled altogether and how unfair it would be to UT and LSU if it didn't get scheduled, as if to suggest that we would be the sole beneficiary if it didn't get played.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Nov 19th or never. Ball is in LSU's court.
The SEC could help out and reschedule the LSU @ aTm game from Thansgiving to Saturday the 26th. I can see why LSU wouldn't want to play them on the road with a short week after playing @ UF.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I saw that uga-scar got postponed. I suppose UF should take the blame for that, too?

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
The SEC could help out and reschedule the LSU @ aTm game from Thansgiving to Saturday the 26th. I can see why LSU wouldn't want to play them on the road with a short week after playing @ UF.

Unfortunately I don't think that the SEC wants to give up the extra TV money from that game. But it's the best solution. Everybody loses.

1) Florida gives up playing a cupcake prior to F$U
2) LSU has to travel instead of having a home game
3) SEC gives up TV $$$$

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I saw that uga-scar got postponed. I suppose UF should take the blame for that, too?

USCe and UGA are playing Sunday at 2:30. Sadly the correct decision was made regarding the UF-LSU game even though the storm really would not have affected the game per se in hindsight, but the correct call was made. As for the makeup, if it affects the race they will play it, Nov.19th. Both South Alabama and Presb. will be paid the money for their contracts. Since LSU will then not have that home game, I presume that the SEC as a whole will funnel money to LSU to help cover that loss. The LSU-A@M game will be moved to Saturday.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I don't understand why everyone blames UF. This was the SEC offices call not UFs. People gloss over that.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
How you feel about our bet if that happens URG. Still possibly play LSU and lose a cupcake game. Not sure how we get to that magic number of games for you

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
On November 19th let Presbyterian play South Alabama in Mobile. That's the game I'm dying to see. Please God let it happen.

Maybe if we get back on track we can play LSU in a bowl game in Shreveport if they still have that weed-eater bowl in Shreveport. I've always wanted to go to Bossier City for the nightlife.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
USCe and UGA are playing Sunday at 2:30. Sadly the correct decision was made regarding the UF-LSU game even though the storm really would not have affected the game per se in hindsight, but the correct call was made. As for the makeup, if it affects the race they will play it, Nov.19th. Both South Alabama and Presb. will be paid the money for their contracts. Since LSU will then not have that home game, I presume that the SEC as a whole will funnel money to LSU to help cover that loss. The LSU-A@M game will be moved to Saturday.

:clap:

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
There is time. The SEC East and West divisional races may be determined well before Nov. 19 and the LSU-UF game may become meaningless and cancelled. Then again, if even one team needs to play to deternine a division champ, they will play on Nov. 19. There is time.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I know a lot of you hate to hear this but this shapes up good for us. It gives us extra practice time for the shuffling we are doing with the Oline. Gives LDR an extra week to get to 100% and gives the defense time to heal. Then we get Mizz at home who we should easily handle. And another week off before UGA who we also should be able to handle with a healthy, rested team. Arky has a week off before they play us and we have to go there, lets just hope thats not a noon game. SC, LSU and F$U to finish the year. All beatable.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I know a lot of you hate to hear this but this shapes up good for us. It gives us extra practice time for the shuffling we are doing with the Oline. Gives LDR an extra week to get to 100% and gives the defense time to heal. Then we get Mizz at home who we should easily handle. And another week off before UGA who we also should be able to handle with a healthy, rested team. Arky has a week off before they play us and we have to go there, lets just hope thats not a noon game. SC, LSU and F$U to finish the year. All beatable.

Hopefully I am wrong but I highly doubt we easily handle Missouri.

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
Well one thing that absolutely has to remain IMO is that it will be played in the Swamp or not at all. I'm sure that LSU i gonna make a case that if they have to play it on the 19th that they should host it.

The Shady Grove Gator

Relapsed Wise-Ass
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Buyouts are a stinky red herring. Both UF and LSU have significant payouts, Posturing aside, who will cut the checks?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator