Game of thrones

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Agree on the natural hair color, but to match the look the targarians all had blonde to almost white hair. So it was needed for the part. In the early episodes Urg had blonder hair two which has made people wonder if he isn't really a Lannister, but a targarian as well.
If we ever see URG riding a dragon we'll know.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I’ll either do that or go through Prime. The issue is less $$ than convenience. We don’t have a smart TV in the bedroom, so no streaming unless I buy a Roku or Fire Stick for it. (My wife has lupus so she’s stuck in bed sometimes.)

Sports keeps us on Dish, but I will dial it way back.

We use a PS4 in the living room (also use PSVUE for TV and antenna), amazon box the bedroom, and daughter has an amazon tv in her room. Amazon supports PSVue for the sports.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Fun fact, Dany is 13 years old in the books in season 1. In the show she's supposed to be 17. In real life she was 23ish.
And Tageryn's had purple eyes but the contacts hurt too much so they ditched them.

I hadn't heard about the contacts story. I read the first book, have the others on my bookshelf.. Stopped because I didn't want to get thrown off by the show.

Gator by the Sea

Lifetime Member
Mar 9, 2017
I read the first book, have the others on my bookshelf.. Stopped because I didn't want to get thrown off by the show.[/QUOTE]

My wife and I love the show. She's read all the books, but I haven't. She says the series stayed fairly true to the books for about the first three seasons, then it went off the rails and completely in its own direction. Your're probably safe to read the books now without spoiling anything.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I read the first book, have the others on my bookshelf.. Stopped because I didn't want to get thrown off by the show.

My wife and I love the show. She's read all the books, but I haven't. She says the series stayed fairly true to the books for about the first three seasons, then it went off the rails and completely in its own direction. Your're probably safe to read the books now without spoiling anything.[/QUOTE]

I think the wife and I are going to wait until after the season at this point... We are rewatching the whole series right now (started last week). A lot of the conversations have so much more meaning as you watch them again & again.

Musclepug

never go full retard
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2018
I'm watching season 3, true detective ....them I'm gonna start from episode 1!!

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm watching season 3, true detective ....them I'm gonna start from episode 1!!

We were watching True Detective, stopped then finished the last 4 episodes over the weekend, then started GOT season five last night. From the Thursday before the super bowl until last night, we have gotten through 41 episodes. Only having a few nights were we took breaks.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think it seems pretty obvious at this point that Bran now is also Bran the builder.

I like the Cersei angle. There is actually some rumors that the Starks are the direct descendants of a marriage unification of the original white walker/night king and a human. Which is why they are pretty much immune to the cold.

The war could end on marrying off Cersei to obtain peace and have them retreat.

Last edited:

Musclepug

never go full retard
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2018
cant wait, the finale was epic with the wall crumbling, the white walkers marching and a friggin zombie dragon!!

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think it seems pretty obvious at this point that Bran now is also Bran the builder.

I like the Cersei angle. There is actually some rumors that the Starks are the direct descendants of a marriage unification of the original white walker/night king and a human. Which is why they are pretty much immune to the cold.

The war could end on marrying off Cersei to obtain peace and have them retreat.

Heard one rumor that says the prince that is promised is the offspring of Dani and John, and upon receiving that as a tribute, the Night King will retreat.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Trailer gave me goosebumps!!! Just rewatched season 2!!! So much better rewatching it

So many things you pick up through rewatching… wife and I have slowed down through season 5, but will have it down by next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator