***Gameday Thread*** Florida vs Seton Hall

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
We aint winning this one. Not that I thought we would anyhow

Bump.

Awesome win by our boys. We've got a very solid squad. Can't stress how important the Barry pickup was for us. Have I mentioned how much I love Hayes? :lol:

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Florida wins 81-76. Great vicory. Felt like a NCAA tournament game! We won it with way better defense in the 2nd half and FT shooting...even though we missed 2 under a minute, we still shot ~75% for the game.

Edit: We also won while being in foul trouble (a lot of bogus calls) and playing with like 7 min from Robinson. We looked really good the last 10 min or so moving the ball and making shots!

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Bump.

Awesome win by our boys. We've got a very solid squad. Can't stress how important the Barry pickup was for us. Have I mentioned how much I love Hayes? :lol:
It was all part of my strategy . obviously it worked . You're welcome .

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
This was game we probably would have lost last year . Setan hall is a very solid tournament team.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Great win! Barry is a baller. Hayes and big John were block machines, but need help with offense. My wife wonders why Egbunu doesnt shoot under hand.

And what's with Chiozza's terrible chest tattoo?

Last edited:

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Great win! Barry is a baller. Hayes and big John were block machines, but need help with offense. My wife wonders why Egbunu doesnt shoot under hand.

And what's with Chiozza's terrible chest tattoo?

We scored 81 points so I don't think we are far off to be honest. We don't shoot a very high percentage but we crash the boards which helps offset that

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Whew! This game worried me. Seton Hall's comeback probably would have collapsed last year's Gators.
I think C.Barry's presence will prevent late-game collapses. How did Robinson get into foul trouble so fast?
Robinson's 11 minutes & 5 points hurt us.
Leon FG 3-6 (50%), 7 rebounds helped.
Egbunu's 2-8 (25%) hurt -- an nside big man must not shoot 25%. 8 points, his 10 rebounds lead the team.
K.Allen 7-14 (50%), FT 4-4, 6 rebs ... 21 points = star performance
C.Barry 6-13 (46%), FT 6-7, 6 rebs ... 20 points = star performance
Chiozza 3-6 (50%), FT 6-8, ... 14 points = good, needed performance
Seton Hall came in undefeated (3-0), left (3-1) ... Gators 4-0, with Gonzaga tomorrow night ~ 9PM or 9:30.
Gonzaga another strong challenge. Sure would help if Robinson stays valid and Egbunu would semi-dominate?
Got to give Barry and Allen maximum minutes. This team is encouraging but needs more polish on offense.
Go Gators. Go Coach White.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This is another quality win vs a quality opponent on a neutral court. Barry and Allen both can score a multitude of ways on the court and can make free throws. Barry and Allen when combined sound like a superhero...oh wait. Seton Hall averaged 88 points a game and we held them to 76 so our D played well enough. Gonna be tough against a #11 ranked Gonzaga team who scores alot of points too typically. Go Gators!!

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Just saw the highlights. Barry looks like the real deal. He may be the offense that puts us in the top ten this year if the boys will use their quickness and our depth to play great def each night. May be time for some of the vets from the 04 team to preach to them the importance of tough Def, team play and playing your role not trying to be a star,

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
We still play too fast at times. We started the 2nd half with way too many turnovers. But We did much better with rebounding in the 2nd half. Egbunu missed a lot of little hook shots. I realize delgado is a beast, but John needs to make those. Free throwing is so much better, which is a great surprise. And great to see them clamp down on D when needed. Hall went up and we responded with a nice 11-2 run.

Last edited:

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We still play too fast at times. We started the 2nd half with way too many turnovers. But We sid much better with rebounding in the 2nd half. Egbunu missed a lot of little hook shots. I realize delgado is a beast, but John need to make those. Free throwing is so much better, which is a great surprise. And great to see them clamp down on D when when needed. Hall went up and we responded with a nice 11-2 run.

Egbunu would help this team the most by concentrating on defense, rebounds, free throws, and dunks.

Last edited:

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Barry can flat out ball. Great all around player.

I mentioned after watching a small bit of the first 2 games that Barry was the team's "best" player. I watched most of this game and it is clear that Barry is by far their best player. He is the only one on the team who plays the game from the neck up and truly understands basketball. With that said Egbunu needs to learn and be taught that when you are fed the ball in the post that it is okay to kick it out if you are double teamed or it is not there and repost. As someone mentioned he benefits the team most by playing D, rebounding and cleaning up the garbage. Robinson is too unreliable. Total yoyo, up and down. And lastly, I am of the opinion that it is time to move on from Kasey Hill. He is just awful. Not only too many TO's, but just bad TO's. He just does not understand the game, and that is a bad recipe for a pure PG. I would talk to him and tell him that he can only be used in extreme emergencies.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Wasn't able to watch but that was a great win. I told you guys Barry is the glue guy and our best scorer, quite the combination. He needs more minutes!

Gonzaga will be a pretty tough test tonight but I think our boys are up to the task.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I mentioned after watching a small bit of the first 2 games that Barry was the team's "best" player. I watched most of this game and it is clear that Barry is by far their best player. He is the only one on the team who plays the game from the neck up and truly understands basketball. With that said Egbunu needs to learn and be taught that when you are fed the ball in the post that it is okay to kick it out if you are double teamed or it is not there and repost. As someone mentioned he benefits the team most by playing D, rebounding and cleaning up the garbage. Robinson is too unreliable. Total yoyo, up and down. And lastly, I am of the opinion that it is time to move on from Kasey Hill. He is just awful. Not only too many TO's, but just bad TO's. He just does not understand the game, and that is a bad recipe for a pure PG. I would talk to him and tell him that he can only be used in extreme emergencies.

Few things:

1) Barry is not "by far our best player." While I do agree he's the craftiest and has highest bball IQ, Allen and Robinson are our best IMO

2) Robinson having 1 bad game doesn't make him inconsistent.

3) Agree about Egbunu

4) Unfortunately we don't have many options at PG other than Hill.

gators4224

Apr 30, 2016
Few things:

1) Barry is not "by far our best player." While I do agree he's the craftiest and has highest bball IQ, Allen and Robinson are our best IMO

2) Robinson having 1 bad game doesn't make him inconsistent.

3) Agree about Egbunu

4) Unfortunately we don't have many options at PG other than Hill.
I know hill/chiozza haven't lit the world on fire with their play, BUT here are my two cents on them.
They both have valuable experience, and seem to both have improved.
Positives: Hill's shot is till inconsistent, but he does seem to be good at making the running floaters quite regularly going towards the basket and I think he is a better shooter although marginally than previous years.
Chiozza imo is the better shooter of the two and can hit three's at a better rate than hill imo. Shooting advantage chiozza. He also did pretty good at free throw line
They both play tenacious defense and get steals, but both are plagued by turning the ball over

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
I know hill/chiozza haven't lit the world on fire with their play, BUT here are my two cents on them.
They both have valuable experience, and seem to both have improved.
Positives: Hill's shot is till inconsistent, but he does seem to be good at making the running floaters quite regularly going towards the basket and I think he is a better shooter although marginally than previous years.
Chiozza imo is the better shooter of the two and can hit three's at a better rate than hill imo. Shooting advantage chiozza. He also did pretty good at free throw line
They both play tenacious defense and get steals, but both are plagued by turning the ball over
To add to this...the negatives

Hill makes dumb decisions at times forcing passes or driving and losing the ball, while Chiozza street balls it and loses it or dribbles the whole shot clock.

gators4224

Apr 30, 2016
I know Justin Leon played yesterday and i think hit a three, but didn't he dislocate his finger? I saw tape on his fingers yesterday, so I was wondering if this is effecting how willing he is to shoot.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Wasn't able to watch but that was a great win. I told you guys Barry is the glue guy and our best scorer, quite the combination. He needs more minutes!

Gonzaga will be a pretty tough test tonight but I think our boys are up to the task.
Gonzaga is gonna kick our asses pretty good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator