Garth Brooks in the Swamp!

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Garth Brooks entertains loyal fans at The Swamp

Brooks was a big hit in Gainesville Saturday night.

As country music legend Garth Brooks strutted on stage Saturday night in Gainesville, more than 75,000 fans erupted in a thunderous cheer.

The Swamp hadn’t heard a sound like it since October, when Florida defensive back Brad Stewart picked off a pass thrown by LSU quarterback Joe Burrows, returned it for a touchdown, and sealed a win for UF.

But this cheer, let out by less folks than that day in October, might have had a little more of a twang to it.

When Brooks opened with “All Day Long,” his loyal fans let him know his friends in low places had made it to Ben Hill Griffin Stadium.

“Hello Gator Nation!” Brooks screamed, wearing a black button-up shirt, blue jeans and a black cowboy hat. “I hope you came here to listen to some by-God country music!”

Saturday’s performance was Brooks’ third stop on The Garth Brooks Stadium Tour.

The 12-time CMA-AMC Entertainer of the Year announced in November Ben Hill Griffin Stadium as one of the stadium tour’s stops. Saturday’s sold-out crowd was the first concert that UF’s football stadium has hosted since Nov. 27, 1994, when the Rolling Stones visited Gainesville as part of its Voodoo Lounge Tour.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
I didn't attend but I have talked to multiple family members and friends that did go and all of them said it was their "best concert EVER" and / or "he was amazing" and / or it "seemed really personal, like we were in his living room".

Also, his wife Trisha Yearwood sang w/him.

At some point, he apologized to the crowd for not having come to Gainesville sooner in his career because they "were the best crowd he's ever had" and then said he wants to come back because he loves The Swamp.

Gator by the Sea

Lifetime Member
Mar 9, 2017
My wife and I went...and it was awesome! Garth played for 2 1/2 hours, had Trisha Yearwood do a couple of her songs and did a tremendous Tom Petty tribute of Refugee, Won't Back Down, and Stop Draggin' My Heart Around (with Trisha singing the part of Stevie Nicks). He played all his hits, plus did some great covers, and he got a few Gainesville/Gator references in during the show. During Two Pina Coladas he sang "The Swamp is feeling more like home." Definitely one the best shows I've ever been to.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
I saw a pic of this at night, with all the cell phone lights, and it was awesome! IMG_2731.jpg

jeeping8r

Your car may go fast, Mine will go anywhere
Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2015
Did any official attendance figures ever come out? I'm guessing largest crowd ever in The Swamp

Gator by the Sea

Lifetime Member
Mar 9, 2017
I don’t know officially, but it was a big crowd. They didn’t sell three sections in the upper deck behind the stage, though, so it would not be an attendance record.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Did any official attendance figures ever come out? I'm guessing largest crowd ever in The Swamp

Not all the seats were used due to where the stage and how the stage is set up.

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
With the amount of people standing on the "field" I'm kinda surprised the figure isn't higher.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
LJtuc2E.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics