Gator Basketball

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
This is why my aunt and uncle don't speak to me any more. Any time they bring up the greatness of UK basketball, I raise this little fact. :lmao2:

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It is even funnier when you consider that UK has sent about three full NBA teams of players to the league in the last 7-8 years.
So I guess talent alone doesn't win anything when you can't coach.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'm permanently banned from rupp rafters for letting them know this fact

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm permanently banned from rupp rafters for letting them know this fact

The burning question is which happens first?

A. Calipari fields another team SO strong that he can't help but win another championship
B. UK realizes that they are nothing more than a minor league NBA team with nothing meaningful to show for it.

UK fan is pretty dumb so my money is on the slippery one stumbling into another championship.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
It is even funnier when you consider that UK has sent about three full NBA teams of players to the league in the last 7-8 years.
So I guess talent alone doesn't win anything when you can't coach.

Championship teams usually have a mix of young and vets. Because of the turnover rate on his teams, he rarely has vet leadership. Also, I don't think he's a great game day coach. I actually think he is below average.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Championship teams usually have a mix of young and vets. Because of the turnover rate on his teams, he rarely has vet leadership. Also, I don't think he's a great game day coach. I actually think he is below average.

You are correct.
The slippery one intentionally recruits gobs of one and done guys and then whines every year about being a young team.
As I said, the question is.....How long will it take the hillbillys to figure out that they are being duped?

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014

He admitted this several years ago when he said he stopped calling plays and let one of the Harrisons just play.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

A. Calipari fields another team SO strong that he can't help but win another championship
B. UK realizes that they are nothing more than a minor league NBA team with nothing meaningful to show for it.

UK fan is pretty dumb so my money is on the slippery one stumbling into another championship.
Either way, all these recent wins will get vacated eventually. Doesn't really matter what they do. I know alot of their fan base thinks next year will be their best class ever. Lol I've never heard that before.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Vacated wins coming up within the next few years after Cheatapari bolts.

Also, just as many national titles and national runner-ups as UNC in the past two decades as well.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

Only reason he won his first championship in the first place is he had Anthony Davis. You could have put him on any of about two dozen teams that year and that team would have won it all.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Only reason he won his first championship in the first place is he had Anthony Davis. You could have put him on any of about two dozen teams that year and that team would have won it all.
I sure would have liked another crack at Kentucky that year. We had them in the sec tourney. They wouldn't have beaten us 4 times that year.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Championship teams usually have a mix of young and vets. Because of the turnover rate on his teams, he rarely has vet leadership.

What are you talking about? He had poythress for about 10 years!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator