This asshat
1662290444843.jpeg

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Well, Kentucky only managed 50 yards rushing on 26 carries against Miami of Ohio, so maybe we have a better chance stopping the run this week.

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Well, Kentucky only managed 50 yards rushing on 26 carries against Miami of Ohio, so maybe we have a better chance stopping the run this week.
Their # 1 back is suspended for the first three games, so that is going to help us for sure.

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
While depth on the line is clearly a concern, my bigger concern is that the starters didn’t make any plays. 1, 9, 92 and 33 didn’t seem to do much at all. Could be they did their jobs and the Lbs didn’t finish. I’m not qualified to evaluate that. Just didn’t see anyone consistently beat their man.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
While depth on the line is clearly a concern, my bigger concern is that the starters didn’t make any plays. 1, 9, 92 and 33 didn’t seem to do much at all. Could be they did their jobs and the Lbs didn’t finish. I’m not qualified to evaluate that. Just didn’t see anyone consistently beat their man.
We have issues for sure. I just hope coaching will help them improve as we go on.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
One thing I did notice was this defense does have fight in them at least. That's on coaching. With Fat Todd, we'd given up 50 points to Utah. Obviously the defense is gonna have issues with heavy run teams. I know their QB was very mobile, but would've like to see us get a few sacks, we had chances too, but couldn't get him down. It's hard to believe Watson hasn't seemed to lose a pound in college, he did seem to play more snaps than I would've imagined. He just don't seem to have the impact that I would like to see. I thought Miller played great.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not so sure about that. We could potentially bring everyone back and add 3 to 4 to the class.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The biggest issue is NT. One thing that I was very pleased with was that Desmond Watson played a ton in the second half last night. I thought he would only be playing at spots. He was a total space eater.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
It's hard to believe Watson hasn't seemed to lose a pound in college, he did seem to play more snaps than I would've imagined.
I was thinking this too. The staff had the entire offseason to work with him, I would assume he would have been on some kind of program. No weight loss? It's just hard to believe Napier is happy with that.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Lots of work to do. Got pushed around like shopping carts at the LOS most all night. Utah has a good OLine. But should have loaded the box with 8 or 9 and forced them to throw over the top. If we get beat so be it. I don;t think we can necessarily sell out to get to the QB due to our lack of talent on the back end. But due to a lack of talent in the front 4 and front 7 we may have to hope to create a mistake by the offense as the season rolls around. If the defense is able to getting into the throwing lanes a bit more like last night, we can perhaps be more of a zone team.

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017

It wasn't just the timing. I think there needs to be some better self-scouting. It seemed like every time we sent one they were waiting for it.

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
I was thinking this too. The staff had the entire offseason to work with him, I would assume he would have been on some kind of program.

This. He's fat and sloppy and I don't get it. We hired a million people including nutritionists. There should be better coming out of the summer than that.

Last edited:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
This. He's fat and sloppy and don't get it. We hired a million people including nutritionists. There should be better coming out of the summer than that.
It's obvious he has eating habits they haven't been able to break him of. If we were loaded on the line, they would probably bench him, but I think we're a bit desperate.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Just thought our DL wasn't a factor at all in the game. Rising had plenty of time to find his bff Kiuthe,
MIA alerts for Dexter and Cox.......very disappointed there but the base defense is at least better than the last 2 years by far. Tackling usually improves the most between the 1st and 2nd games, and it needs to as 1/3 of their total yards must have come after 1st contact. I think LBer's will bite us in the ass several times this year but Utah's offense went straight up after them with their game plan so I think it may be a wake up call.

Our dline needs to run stadium steps all week and focus on tackling drills.....the UT game will be a track meet for them.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Kentucky's O-Line is better than Utahs's. We are going to have trouble pressuring Levi. And, if Cox continues to rush upfield, the QB will continue to run right by him.

Tackling is still a major issue. We looked in good position on several plays only to miss the tackles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.