Gator Nation united again?

the_alphagator1906

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
After reading a couple of threads, it seems as though the Gator Nation is mostly excited about the hiring of coach JM. With that said, do you think this hire will finally bring us together again? Ox said several times that he believed we were divded during the Muschamp era. In his opinion, some people hated him from the start and other people loved him no matter the circumstances. I can't say that I would disagree with that notion either. The sunshine pumpers vs the negative nancys were in full swing for four frustating years.

For some reason, this time around I don't get that same feeling with this hire so far. Of course, only time will tell but what are your thoughts Gator Chatter? Do you think this hire will bring the Gator Nation back together? Why or why not?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
At least for a while. I think most can deal with a few losses next season as long as the offense has changed a lot.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I can now look forward to next year about the time of Media Days. Can't wait.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
WINS, unite. There are yet no wins under this new management, but a new direction is worth celebrating.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I'm totally happy w/ the hire. He wasn't my first choice, but he brings in a lot of qualities we needed....mostly having previous head coaching experience and offense.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I'm happy with the hire and I think most most are. I would think about 40% are a little skeptical, based on what I've read and they certainly have every right to be. It's does sound like they are willing to be supportive which I think speaks volumes about how bad it's been the past couple of years. We've gotten humbled somewhat and maybe Gator Nation needed a bit of humility after nearly 2 decades of dominance. :dunno:

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah sure, all seems copasetic now, but just wait until McElwain loses his first game and some idiots here start making fun of his teeth. :shake:

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
divits;n125259 said:
Yeah sure, all seems copasetic now, but just wait until McElwain loses his first game and some idiots here start making fun of his teeth. :shake:

And there are nearly endless, Mc(fill in the blanks). Can't wait.

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
divits;n125259 said:

Seriously? Like Champer inherited a great defensive players from Meyer, Mac inherits a great defense from Champer. All we need to do is come up with an offense that scores 1/3 of the TDs we missed out on and we'll start winning again. We won't be losing to anymore bi-directional schools.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
BMF nailed it. The issue with Muschamp, from day 1, was that he had no experience as a HC. McElwain has a proven track record. Yes, he's still young (in HCing years) but that's what Foley likes and looks for. Young, up and comers.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
PaulDrake;n125268 said:
Seriously? Like Champer inherited a great defensive players from Meyer, Mac inherits a great defense from Champer. All we need to do is come up with an offense that scores 1/3 of the TDs we missed out on and we'll start winning again. We won't be losing to anymore bi-directional schools.

:headscratch:

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
As long as we are competitive, i willing to be patient. I fully understand the hole Foley and his chump has dug us

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I don't know of a single Gator fan that expects championships next year. It's year 1, and he's got his work cut out for him with some roster holes, particularly the OL. I think we just want to see some real progress and look like a real football team, and I think we will.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I'm just very, very pleased the administration finally decided to go in another direction. It would be totally miserable around here if we were going to do this all over again next season. Offseason from hell. Now we have all kinds of exciting stuff to talk about.

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This hire feels very similar to Meyer in 2004. I think there is some in Gatornation not completely sold on the new guy but pretty much everyone agrees that he is better than what we had.

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
When Muschamp was hired I was excited and thought Foley had made a great
choice. We all know Muschamp couldn't get the job done. Foley gave him more
time than most would have. I was sorry Muschamp wasn't successful. I'm a true
gator. When I saw the problem was getting worse daily, I was hard on Muschamp.
I think Foley got the best coach that was available this time. I couldn't be more
excited than I am right now. I think JM will turn us around quicker than most think.
I also think he will bring in a better class of recruits than would normally occur
during a coaching change. I'm a happy gator fan again.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The Gator Nation's role in the beginning of this new era is to be united. The results will come soon enough, but in the meantime, he should get our full support.

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
After the retention, i couldn't get excited, but although im cautiously optimistic i can't help but to be excited about our fresh start. Now if we can salvage a little of this recruiting class we will ball

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.