main-qimg-88d9aa26655cfd629384cc41042af2dd

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n125369 said:
The one and only positive on the recruiting front is that we have 4 offensive linemen still committed and they have stuck with us through of all this coaching change stuff. That's a damn good indication they want to be Gators. McElwain may add a few more, so if we end up with 5 or 6 good o-linemen, we take care of a huge need. I realize none will likely be able to play right away, but now more than ever, you're seeing Freshmen linemen plugged in here and there. The Freshmen seem to struggle at Tackle way more than the interior, and fortunately, we've got our two most promising, experienced linemen at tackle; Sharpe and Johnson.

We'll need to retain Summers to keep all OL recruits on board and to add any new coveted ones.

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n125556 said:
Fans will never be 100% in agreement about anything. :lol:

I think we can all agree about that. :cool:

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n125862 said:
What is the point of this post. I dont see anybody saying anything negative or not uniting behind our new coach. Muschamp has traumatized us so much that we are grateful for anybody who bring any type of functioning offense to Gainesville. I think the Mac would have won the LSU, Scar and Criminole games.

Most likely Mizzou game also because it was the offense that lost that game.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Feels Meyerish to me. Two or three OL transfers or JUCOs that can PLAY seems imperative. WR and TE wouldn't hurt.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Every three star or better juco and transfer should be getting multiple calls from us every day.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
To answer the OP - if the old GSMB is any indication, the answer is no. The arguments over there are absolutely ludicrous. Pick any awesome coach, you wouldn't see a consensus over there.

As for me, I like the hire and thought all along that Mac was the most likely pick. I just didn't see any of the bigger names being likely to uproot. Nothing is guaranteed, but I think the odds are good that we compete for titles again.

RomanGator

Dec 1, 2014
Folks, for openers we better be darn glad we have him, because the next tear down of candadates is a long fall. Recruiting and spring game will tell us alot more, assumeing we have enough players to hold one, I don t think so now. I believe we ll be back together again if we have 8 wins and maybe a bowl win too. I think we have the skd to do it. Man, I d love to hear the reports when he makes the Booster tour of Gatordom. Maybe I can even call him at one? Hope so.
Bayergator

Mudd

Lurker
Aug 19, 2014
We will be all together until next year when we have our 1st punt or the other team gets a 1st down.

RomanGator

Dec 1, 2014
Mudd ole Man,
That won t happen till about Tenn if then, the first 4 games look manageable.
Bayergator

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator