Gator QBs missing time since 2009.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Since Tebow left, we haven't had a single season where our starting QB didn't get injured, suspended, or benched for bad performance.

2010: Clusterf*ck year where Brantley was so bad, they had Jordan Reed taking snaps with Trey Burton making the LOS calls
2011: Brantley and Driskel both get hurt against Bama
2012: Driskel hurts ankle against ULL, misses JSU game
2013: Driskel breaks leg against UT, Murphy hurts shoulder, Mornhinweg finishes season
2014: Driskel completely falls apart in October and benched
2015: Grier suspended

Un. Freaking. Believable.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Thanks.....I attempted to erase that 2010 mess from my memory.

Was it 2011 when Brantley came back for UGA and played the entire game on that bad wheel? I'll always give him that much credit, that was one hell of a gutsy performance. You could tell he was nowhere near healthy.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
SGG;n296708 said:

Was it 2011 when Brantley came back for UGA and played the entire game on that bad wheel? I'll always give him that much credit, that was one hell of a gutsy performance. You could tell he was nowhere near healthy.

Yeah Brantley (and Driskel, for that matter) was a tough SOB, if nothing else. The first TD pass he threw that game was off of one foot.

What's funny is Tebow broke his hand in 2007 and the only reason he didn't miss time is it was the last game of the season. He also had the concussion in 2009 but avoided missing time because of the bye week. And he had surgery in the offseason after 2008 to remove bone spurs from his shoulder. Our quarterbacks take a beating. :lol:

SGG

Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Captain Sasquatch;n296718 said:
Yeah Brantley (and Driskel, for that matter) was a tough SOB, if nothing else. The first TD pass he threw that game was off of one foot.

What's funny is Tebow broke his hand in 2007 and the only reason he didn't miss time is it was the last game of the season. He also had the concussion in 2009 but avoided missing time because of the bye week. And he had surgery in the offseason after 2008 to remove bone spurs from his shoulder. Our quarterbacks take a beating. :lol:
Another reason I cringe(d) everytime Grier took off out of the pocket and didn't get down. He just doesn't have the frame to absorb the type of beating that Tebow could.

At least JB had the sense enough to fold up like a lawn chair when his line let a blitzer come free off the end.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n296702 said:
Since Tebow left, we haven't had a single season where our starting QB didn't get injured, suspended, or benched for bad performance.

2010: Clusterf*ck year where Brantley was so bad, they had Jordan Reed taking snaps with Trey Burton making the LOS calls
2011: Brantley and Driskel both get hurt against Bama
2012: Driskel hurts ankle against ULL, misses JSU game
2013: Driskel breaks leg against UT, Murphy hurts shoulder, Mornhinweg finishes season
2014: Driskel completely falls apart in October and benched
2015: Grier suspended

Un. Freaking. Believable.

Also in 2014: after huge comeback road win at UT, newly-crowned starter Treon Harris is accused of rape and suspended before the LSU game.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n296733 said:
Also in 2014: after huge comeback road win at UT, newly-crowned starter Treon Harris is accused of rape and suspended before the LSU game.

I wouldn't go so far as to call him the newly-crowned starter, WM was being non-committal about it. And I seem to remember him saying JD was going to start against LSU regardless, but I could be remembering that wrong.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GMDGATOR;296712 said:
we suck... eh SQ?

Next man up... we will be okay

Not what I intended at all. I'm not freaking out about the current situation. It definitely sucks but we're moving on. Just simply that's a crazy stat for a team.

SGG

Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Captain Sasquatch;n296734 said:
I wouldn't go so far as to call him the newly-crowned starter, WM was being non-committal about it. And I seem to remember him saying JD was going to start against LSU regardless, but I could be remembering that wrong.
I also wouldn't go so far as to call it a HUGE comeback victory. Both teams were trash and it was 9 points. 2 scoring drives. Not minimizing his contribution that day, just saying.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n296733 said:

Huge comeback, or Tennessee being Tennessee... Tennessee did everything they could to lose that game.

MADGator

This space intentionally left blank
Jan 28, 2015
It feels like we have been mediocre forever, even though there was the good 2012 season, but i don't think anyone was fooled.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
MADGator;297027 said:
It feels like we have been mediocre forever, even though there was the good 2012 season, but i don't think anyone was fooled.

The season's surrounding that one pretty much ruined it. I know I've pretty much completely forgotten about it. And even when it was happening I don't remember much excitement and hope like their has been in the first 6 games this season.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Originally posted by SGG View Post

And in all reality he was never right all season. Should've probably sat out 4 or 5 games to get right. And he was really sick in that game that he got blindsided. He probably shouldn't have played that game. Meyer tended to run his players into the ground. One thing that I like about Mac is that he won't play a player if he's not ready.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
MADGator;n297027 said:
Everyone with even the slightest amount of sense knew we were the luckiest 7-5 team on the planet that year.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
It also just dawned on me that this is our 3rd straight trip to LSU using our backup QB. Could have been fourth had Tebow not played in '09. Lucky bastards.

SGG

Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Les Miles has the dark magic of seven sorcerers

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.