Gators at the Combine

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
McAllister and Bullard have had good combines. In fact McAllister has had an excellent combine.

But let's kick it off with Hargraves broad jump:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
McAllister killed in his drills, his movements were very fluid. Bullard looked tight during the ball drills (more for DB's), but tested about where he should be. I'll watch the DB drills tonight on the replay.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
McAllister and Bullard have had good combines. In fact McAllister has had an excellent combine.

But let's kick it off with Hargraves broad jump:

VHIII had the 4th longest jump (130") - Ramsay #1 (135"), White (132") and Neal (132") tied for 2nd longest
VHIII 40 = 4.50 Ramsay 40 = 4.41 Neal 40 = 4.62
VHIII had the 5th best vert = 39" Ramsay #1 vert = 41.5" Neal =38"
Bench 225lb VHIII = 15 Ramsay = 14 Neal = 17

Vernon got Ramsay in one category (bench press), but the above kind of shows why Ramsay will be the first DB drafted. Vernon did well for himself though and Maycock thinks he's a top 10 pick.

Can't get the link to work for some reason, sorry.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
VHIII had the 4th longest jump (130") - Ramsay #1 (135"), White (132") and Neal (132") tied for 2nd longest
VHIII 40 = 4.50 Ramsay 40 = 4.41 Neal 40 = 4.62
VHIII had the 5th best vert = 39" Ramsay #1 vert = 41.5" Neal =38"
Bench 225lb VHIII = 15 Ramsay = 14 Neal = 17

Vernon got Ramsay in one category (bench press), but the above kind of shows why Ramsay will be the first DB drafted. Vernon did well for himself though and Maycock thinks he's a top 10 pick.

Can't get the link to work for some reason, sorry.

Ramsay will more than likely be a safety. VHIII is the number one CB in the draft. The experts have routinely said that he has the best feet of any CB for the last half decade plus.

Ramsay isn't nearly as fluid in the hips.

I don't know if you guys sold any of the CB workout? But VHIII is compact and built. I thought for sure he was much smaller than that.

Neal looks like a bodybuilder and only did two more reps on the bench? Tells you about VHIII's strength.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Ramsay will more than likely be a safety. VHIII is the number one CB in the draft. The experts have routinely said that he has the best feet of any CB for the last half decade plus.

Ramsay isn't nearly as fluid in the hips.

I don't know if you guys sold any of the CB workout? But VHIII is compact and built. I thought for sure he was much smaller than that.

Neal looks like a bodybuilder and only did two more reps on the bench? Tells you about VHIII's strength.
Agreed on where Ramsay will likely end up playing. I didn't see any of the combine, but the short little video you provided at the top shows how much VHIII has grown in the 3 years he's been a Gator. At first I thought you had messed up because I thought that dude was way too big to be VHIII.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Thank goodness he's not an offensive player.
The reason that CBs are CBs instead of WRs is because they can't catch.

We were much better off when we moved our WRs that can't catch to CB instead of letting them clog the depth chart for 4 years.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Ramsey is legit, but so is Vernon. I think Vernon was a little overhyped due to an outstanding freshman year. He is still among the top 3 or so DBs in this entire draft class, likely #2. I was also surprised at Neal's weak benchpress numbers. The guy is a freak physically. I was expecting 20+ out of him.

The reason that CBs are CBs instead of WRs is because they can't catch.

We were much better off when we moved our WRs that can't catch to CB instead of letting them clog the depth chart for 4 years.

Agree. Andrades would have likely been a much better Safety than WR....and he'd be on this year's team and likely a contributer (unless he was a bust there also).

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.