Gator Basketball Gators beat Georgia 62-52

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
Glad we won. Always a smug-sooth to beat UGa.

Guess I suffer hyperage when I watch our inabilities maintained threw-out a game, threw-out the season.??
**With "pound-it-in-coaching" practice after practice, I think Hayes could be a double-figure scorer. By now, via coaching insistence, certain sets of play executions should be breaking down opposing teams. Most missed 3s by Locke or Allen are automatic misses due to not squaring up, due to rushing with inadequate 'calm'. When too many at-the-rim opportunities repeatedly aren't given enough "umph" or clang roll off, then those events are not being "pounded home" in rehearsals, in practices, practices. {late in the game they do often play like their legs are too tired?}

**From pre-season, coaching-wise, White & his "coach-crew" should have been all in on developing the inside game = "forcing" all 6'8",6'9" bigs to drub-thump the ball off the backboard as first choice, or pinch-plunge it down the rim's gullet, 2nd choice. {of course that involves teaching, re-minding them how to fiercely grip the ball such that only a foul could dislodge it.} Basketball is a "hands-on" project that every practice must project. Suffuse your charges such that tip-off lights that fuse.

We're good on defense because our opponent forces our action/thoughts. Only insistent incessant practice forces up our thought/actions for offensive attack; that attack is lacking, slacking when all stand around that arc-line, stalled, where lazy passing is invited and high-bounce dribbling and stationary Gators allows defenders to "lock-in" their readiness. Is that generated & maintained by lax practice coaching??

Ultimately, good teams are made in good practices. In successful practices, the coaching hammers in detailed executions repeated unto 85% success-rate. Players leave practices feeling upbeat, charged for higher performances, feeling better coordinated in teamwork = confidence inculcated. Then, fans see the consistency played out on the court. For every good basketball coach, it's all a methodical process that no solid HC is confused over. ??

To blame your players is to admit to yourself that you cannot coach them up. What mindset does that public blame instill into your players' haunting thoughts. I'm fine with White, if he himself improves.
Yes, but we still need a "Big Tree" in the middle.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

So true ... but whenever your program signs 6'9" players, they should be 'turned' into effective inside players.
Love to see us researching close to 7' coordinated slavic players = Slovenia, Slovakia, Chezchs, Ukraine, Bulgaria.
Can you imagine a 7' Chechnian 'neath the basket for us. Kids over there start out with soccer. That gives them better athleticism, better body balance, better running ability, etc. Plus, those guys are tough & resilient. There are plenty of these guys on U.S. college rosters and it's increasing every year. Let's get in on it. Not a big, but remember Kolochev?

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016

I have been wondering about the 2019-20 rotation and to me it seems it maybe:

PG: Nembhard, Mann
SG: Locke
SF: Lewis, Ballard
PF: Johnson
C: Payne, Bassett

This assumes that Nembhard does not enter the NBA draft. I can not imagine that Okuaru will be back. I doubt Gak will ever contribute. I wonder if Stokes can get in the rotation and now Stone being ready to play is a question mark, but perhaps they could be ninth and tenth players in the rotation.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Dang it ! K.Johnson, our relied-on forward, is merely 6'5". Let's say prayers for him to shoot up 2-3" in off-season. He can really leap, but 6'5" starts too low for major inside work. What a curse, because he's so talented that we have to use him at forward. Wonder if we'll see 6'9"Bassett & 6'9"Payne on court at the same time?
How about some:
PG= Nembhard, Mann
SG = Locke
SF = KJohnson
PF = Bassett
C = Payne
Like to see that line-up on-court for stretches.??
All success depends on coaching all positions to be trained to play to fully developed potential. And that could be the shortfall - inadequate coaching.??

Last edited:

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Dang it ! K.Johnson, our relied-on forward, is merely 6'5". Let's say prayers for him to shoot up 2-3" in off-season. He can really leap, but 6'5" starts too low for major inside work. What a curse, because he's so talented that we have to use him at forward. Wonder if we'll see 6'9"Bassett & 6'9"Payne on court at the same time?
How about some:
PG= Nembhard, Mann
SG = Locke
SF = KJohnson
PF = Bassett
C = Payne
All success depends on coaching all positions to be trained to play to fully developed potential. And that could be the shortfall - inadequate coaching.??

I am all in favor of playing bigs. It appears that Mike White believes in position less basketball in the extreme. So I know longer hope that White will play a true SF along with a PF and C. Maybe he will surprise me some day.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I am all in favor of playing bigs. It appears that Mike White believes in position less basketball in the extreme. So I know longer hope that White will play a true SF along with a PF and C. Maybe he will surprise me some day.

... some day, if he comes to believe 62% FG shooting is better than 40%.?? :confused: :confused:

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
How about some:
PG= Nembhard, Mann
SG = Locke
SF = KJohnson
PF = Bassett
C = Payne
Scottie Lewis is starting lol. He is a potentially top 5 NBA pick as well

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016

1. Most likely starting.

2. Top 5 NBA pick we shall see but Wiseman, Carey, Stewart, mean there is probably little room left in the top five for anyone else.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Agreed. One and done; impacts the entire floor. They play different positions, but he’ll be better than Beal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator