Recruiting Gators class rated # 2 on scout

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Never over till ink dries. Could go up or down, here's to hoping top 5 consensus Go Gators!!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Scout (and ESPN) is meaningless but #8 Rivals is nice. This class is still 2:1 3 star to 4 star in the wrong direction from what the elite schools get. See Ohio State and Bama. However, if we get two inside backers (not 200-210 lbers) and at least another guard/center, regardless of the stars, then this class will be a success.

A DT or two would be nice but I don't see it happening.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It's real early but I thought Mac couldn't recruit? Good to see an early push, may get others to fall. Until then......
:ohnoez:

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The needs of the team are many. Fill those areas, get quality players. Develop them and let's be contenders again

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
There are so many offensive holes left by the previous administration, mostly at OL. It will take at least one more recruiting cycle before we are close to being where we should be talent wise on the offensive and downlinemen (both sides) on this team.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
We're rated highly because of the sheer numbers NOT because of the stars behind the names. Huge difference.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Nobody will bet me....
Because it's a stupid bet. We know our class will be rated high because we're going to have 35 freaking recruits.

You say we'll be top 5? How bout you bet it will be top 5 in star rating? I'll take that.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We're rated highly because of the sheer numbers NOT because of the stars behind the names. Huge difference.

What you don't get is that we need depth more than anything right now.. And it's not like Mac is recruiting garbage, either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Tag is a notorious stargazer.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Some of yall are debating apples and oranges. If we just want a top 10 class we can do that by getting mostly 3 stars, just get a whole bunch. Sheer numbers will drive the ranking b/c the way rank scoring works is a bit silly. We can also have a class of all 4's and 5's and still end up less than awesome if those players dont fill the needs we have, regardless of what class ranking they recieve when signed.

Arguing about only individual star rankings or about only overall class ranking are both equally dumb. A class that wins in the season (not the preseason) will be one that has quality and quantity in our areas of NEED. That type class will translate to top 5 come post-season, and THAT is all that matters.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I agree and if people will just allow this staff to do their job, they will fill the needs. Who knows better than they do what we need and what we dont? This staff will do just fine.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
You think us discussing recruiting is preventing the coaches from doing their job. :lol:

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I agree and if people will just allow this staff to do their job, they will fill the needs. Who knows better than they do what we need and what we dont? This staff will do just fine.
Who isn't allowing the staff to do their job?
:crazy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.