Recruiting Gators class rated # 2 on scout

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I have faith in JMac. If he's offering 3* guys, it's because he feels they have the skills he's looking for and he can get them coached up to fit into the system he envisions. You ain't gonna get all 4* and 5* dudes. You gotta shop around for quality 3* guys you feel you can coach up to fill those 2 and 3 deep spots. It's not rocket science folks. We were very thin in many spots. We were going to have to take a bunch of 3* depth guys just to get the numbers back up where they belong because there simply aren't enough 4 and 5 star studs out there interested in UF right now.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I agree and if people will just allow this staff to do their job, they will fill the needs. Who knows better than they do what we need and what we dont? This staff will do just fine.

Who's not allowing them to do their jobs?

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I have faith in JMac. If he's offering 3* guys, it's because he feels they have the skills he's looking for and he can get them coached up to fit into the system he envisions. You ain't gonna get all 4* and 5* dudes. You gotta shop around for quality 3* guys you feel you can coach up to fill those 2 and 3 deep spots. It's not rocket science folks. We were very thin in many spots. We were going to have to take a bunch of 3* depth guys just to get the numbers back up where they belong because there simply aren't enough 4 and 5 star studs out there interested in UF right now.
It's his job to get the 4 & 5 star guys. We won't be getting over the hump with classes like this current one. You need some studs.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
It's his job to get the 4 & 5 star guys. We won't be getting over the hump with classes like this current one. You need some studs.

Your right, we are done. He will never be able to land any 4-5 stars. We suck.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It's "his job" to get the players that he can develop to be the best on the field every time we play. What fecking "star rating" they are is completely unimportant as long as the result is winning with the recruits he brings in. I'll take kicking ass with 3 stars guys per the "experts" over losing games with the 5 star guys picked by the same "experts" every time.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
For those who are so dumb or argumentative, ManDan, I assume that you when you say, "if people will just allow this staff to do their job, they will fill the needs." you are trying to say...

if people would just allow this staff to do their job before criticizing, drawing conclusions (about a recruiting season still in process), and evaluating them [the staff & the recruits], those same people would save themselves from worry and from the consequences of premature evaluation.

Is that right ManDan?

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
For those who are so dumb or argumentative, ManDan, I assume that you when you say, "if people will just allow this staff to do their job, they will fill the needs." you are trying to say...

if people would just allow this staff to do their job before criticizing, drawing conclusions (about a recruiting season still in process), and evaluating them [the staff & the recruits], those same people would save themselves from worry and from the consequences of premature evaluation.

Is that right ManDan?

:woohoo::clap::exactly:

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member

Is that right ManDan?

You really shouldn't be on sports message boards. Or only come on after the last game, on signing day and then the week before the season...oops. Nope, we'd have to let them do their job then too. Geez. Ox, might as well shut us down. No need for this site at all. We all just need to stop commenting until the future is complete. Wow, just freaking wow.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So the bet is based on if you decide its a good class or not. Got it!

Is it just me or does it seem like Tag is rooting for us to have a bad class???

BTW, you, nor mandan, nor rivals, nor anyone else will ultimately determine if this is a good class. We won't know about this class for at least a couple of years. Ultimately, their record will speak for itself, as to if this class is good or not.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You really shouldn't be on sports message boards. Or only come on after the last game, on signing day and then the week before the season...oops. Nope, we'd have to let them do their job then too. Geez. Ox, might as well shut us down. No need for this site at all. We all just need to stop commenting until the future is complete. Wow, just freaking wow.

If you didn't act like you couldn't understand what he was saying (assuming that you did), then I wouldn't have to spell it out for you. You were the one being obtuse about it. Don't blame me you canker blossom.

:alone:

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015

Get laid soon, please.

Holy Christ.

ItsDookie87

...it's best to let him finish
BANNED
Sep 8, 2014
I was just looking up Jimbo Fisher's first recruiting class at FSU to get a gauge and according to Rivals they had the 10th ranked class with 14 of the 24 players being 3*s. It's important to remember that he had been there for a few years with the head coach in waiting title so he wasn't starting from scratch like Mac.

His 2nd class was the 1st ranked class by Rivals and he still had 14 of the 29 players being 3*s or lower. Both the 2010 and 2011 classes had two 5* players and the rest 4*. His classes steadily improved in star average rankings as he was able to show recruits what his vision was and I think we can expect the same thing from Mac.

He was also doing this at a time when Meyer was on his last heart and we had an unknown Muschamp not to mention Miami still being in the dumps. Mac will have us pulling our share of the best players during recruiting again, he just needs another year or two to do it. He didn't get the head coach in waiting jump that Jimbo did when he took over.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member

His 2nd class was the 1st ranked class by Rivals and he still had 14 of the 29 players being 3*s or lower. Both the 2010 and 2011 classes had two 5* players and the rest 4*. His classes steadily improved in star average rankings as he was able to show recruits what his vision was and I think we can expect the same thing from Mac.

So HALF of his second class was 4 & 5 stars? That's pretty awesome.

ItsDookie87

...it's best to let him finish
BANNED
Sep 8, 2014
So HALF of his second class was 4 & 5 stars? That's pretty awesome.
I agree, that's why it was ranked #1 but it still had a good amount of 3 star players. Our class this time won't end up like that because we do have a ton of 3* players but if we close strong it will probably even out a little as some of those 3* guys will see the 4* guys come in late and they will opt to go elsewhere. Jimbo had a major head start to get there though.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
we just lost CB Myers and I'm sure we'll lose th other two low ranking CBs.

We have 3 CBs for spring. Add in Chauncy Gardner, we still need a few more.

Any chance JC Jackson comes back?

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Is it just me or does it seem like Tag is rooting for us to have a bad class???

BTW, you, nor mandan, nor rivals, nor anyone else will ultimately determine if this is a good class. We won't know about this class for at least a couple of years. Ultimately, their record will speak for itself, as to if this class is good or not.
No, in fact the opposite. I'm clearly one of the few rooting for a better class. The rest are fine with mediocrity or sticking their head in the sand.

You are correct in saying that this class can't be judged for a few years.

Btw, I haven't been the one harping on what our class was ranked. GMDan is the one wanting everyone to bet him on that as though that is the only thing that matters. I could care less what we're ranked. I just want to see us get quality players so that we can compete with teams like Alabama, FSU, OSU etc...

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator