Gator Basketball Gators whipped by Tennessee to bow out of the SEC tourney

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Great gesture by both guys but Payne is getting absolutely ROASTED in the twitter comments and all other comments on FB too. This is going to be very tough for him to come back from here at UF. I expect him to transfer to a smaller school and dominate with an array of dunks in a lesser conference.
Any video of what happened? Didn’t see the game.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The way I see it, Fulkerson hooked Payne's arm which is illegal. Payne swung his elbow to free himself and landed that one on Fulkerson's chest and neck. Fulkerson's arm is still caught in Payne's so he falls forward as Payne turns and starts to run. Payne swings his torso trying to shake loose and ends up connecting with Fulkerson's head only because Fulkerson is falling. I seriously doubt he expected his elbow to connect with the head.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Crickets again on the questions I posed. No one wants to go out on a limb and who they want here.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Crickets again on the questions I posed. No one wants to go out on a limb and who they want here.
We should have gone after Eric Musselman. You know I’ve been saying this for a while.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

If John beliein wasn’t damn near 70 it would be a no brainer . He’s not coaching right now and I’m not too sure he wants to. It wouldn’t hurt to kick the tires on it though since he’s the best coach we could realistically get .

Towels 'N Sporks

We R Bad Cause Urban Cheated on Wife
May 19, 2016
Calipari might be out kentucky if he doesn't have a seriously good season next year imo. He would be an upgrade. He is sort of what I consider as a mark richt since his only championship was when he had probably the most dominant player in college bball in at least a decade.

He'd be able to get us top ten recruiting classes and I bet it would look a lot like billy's years before 06-08.

I think Anthony grant is also a possibility.

Anyway, I haven't really researched coaches but I agree that we shouldn't get rid of white until we have a good list of replacements.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
75cc3a43d20dbd.gif

fasonfan

Jesus Saves
Nov 1, 2017
I say hire a former player like michigan, georgetown, memphis did. Someone maybe in nba or college coaching as an assistant right now. I'm not racist but a black dude would help with our recruiting. Get a good assistant to go with him.

fasonfan

Jesus Saves
Nov 1, 2017
The way I see it, Fulkerson hooked Payne's arm which is illegal. Payne swung his elbow to free himself and landed that one on Fulkerson's chest and neck. Fulkerson's arm is still caught in Payne's so he falls forward as Payne turns and starts to run. Payne swings his torso trying to shake loose and ends up connecting with Fulkerson's head only because Fulkerson is falling. I seriously doubt he expected his elbow to connect with the head.
It was a cheap shot but listening to gators radio sounds like the refs were terrible and he threw that cheap shot so refs would finally blow the whistle. Sad it has to get to that point.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
If John beliein wasn’t damn near 70 it would be a no brainer . He’s not coaching right now and I’m not too sure he wants to. .

... so?? White's near dead and not sure he wants to coach either.

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
I think Fulkerson pushed him too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator