GCMB Members

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm shocked, and surprising glad, to see the amount of members here happy about our new hire at HC. A lot of us were torn in many directions with the possibility of who would be our new HC yet we've mostly come together with the hiring of Jim McElwain. I'm glad to see we are all moving together in a positive direction.

That's all.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think it's more than hope.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
His presser not only won me over, but man has it made me excited for next year.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
chferg;n127304 said:
Glad to hear of your turned outlook. This is what I'm talking about.

RomanGator

Dec 1, 2014
Good Morning NV,
If you ever read Bear Bryants bio, when he too over at KY and at Tam, its alot like today. The difference is those schools never won the way we had in the past. I m not claimimg the new coach could be another Bear, but to me the atmosphere was similar.
Was it cold there this morning or rainy?
Bayergator

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm just glad we don't have to put up with another year of Will Muschamp and his 1920's offensive philosophy.I'm looking forward to something new and exciting, kind of the same way I felt when Spurriier showed up..

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
NV for me most of all I'm just glad the chapter of our previous HC is OVER! I really like JM. I was impressed with his body of work before the presser. But after the presser, his interview on BSPN, and the one on GatorVision.....I think this guy gets it. It just seems that he looks as the WHOLE picture and adapts to the situtaion rather than force a philosophy on you. And the most important thing.....win ball games. Very excited again. JM's enthusiasm is what alone one thing that the Gator Nation needs.

RomanGator

Dec 1, 2014
Dear NY,
I am reminded of Bear Bryants first hear at MD, KY, and TAM, or this coaches 1st year at CSU. He needs to get his people on the roster, I am certain it won t hapen overnite. I won t start judging or grading before Sept 2016. I hope no one else will either.
Bayergator

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
chferg;127304 said:
I saw your toes hanging on to the edge days before when we were talking about his last and how he'd be a good fit. Glad to see you have seen something positive. I think he gives us hope - something that's been lacking lately.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
The most telling thing I read about his presser is how we are GOING TO adapt to what we have. Play to our strengths and adjust. Lombardi was a GREAT coach in his day because he could run 10 plays no matter what you did to stop it. Probably more like 5 but parity and speed make it imperitive you be flexible and smart with what you have and how they are defending you.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
He's a legitimate head coach. He's not a clown w/ a bad temper masquerading as head football coach. He knows offense. He knows how to manage a QB. He's "been there".

I agree that it won't happen overnight (the previous guy left us w/ some gaping holes). But when it does come together, I think we'll be back to competing w/ any team in the country. I expect 10-2 or better type seasons on a regular basis.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
I'm still wanting to know how much eligibility his dog has left and how is his deep ball.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator