GCMB Poll: Best UF Linebacker Trio

Choose One

• Total voters

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I remember seeing him get some spot playing time at the end of the year as a freshman and thinking "Wow the tackle cant even touch this guy."
Kearse was fast, agile, athletic, the Freak. Stoops knew he had to find a place for him. As he put on lean muscle mass, he was moved closer to the LOS, often lining up at DE.

Did it really matter where? Probably not. He was an edge rusher regardless where you put him, a pretty good one at that. First-team All-American with 7.5 sacks and 54 tackles in '98.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Kearse never played it defensive end for us.

I don't know where these hallucinations come from. perhaps people misunderstanding over and under fronts.

Brandon Spikes however did occasionally line up at defensive end in a 3 man front , although he always stood up, usually in third-and-long.

Last edited:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Kearse never played it defensive end for us.

I don't know where these hallucinations come from. perhaps people misunderstanding over and under fronts.

Brandon Spikes however did occasionally line up at defensive end, although he always stood up, in third-and-long.

Later in his college career, he would occasionally line up at defensive end during obvious passing situations to intensify the Gators' pass rush.

Jevon Kearse - Wikipedia

Watch: Jevon Kearse is ‘The Freak’ and always a Gator

Florida’s top 5 linebackers of all-time

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Wikipedia, also written by a moron.

Bob Redman too drunk to know.

it's about the same as people who "remember" wilber Marshall playing defensive end.... when the old-timers say that was never the case.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Wikipedia, also written by a moron.

Bob Redman too drunk to know.

it's about the same as people who "remember" wilber Marshall playing defensive end.... when the old-timers say that was never the case.
Did you watch every defensive down from 1995-98? I know I didn't. If that many sources say he did, albeit occasionally, I believe it. But it's certainly not an important point. He played mainly LB.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yes, I did watch every play back then multiple times. he didn't really play in 95 or 96.

I watched every play of every game usually multiple times until butterteeth.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Marshall, BTW, was recruited as a TE. Pell converted him. He was a pretty good basketball player, too, at Titusville Astronaut.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yes, I did watch every play back then multiple times. he didn't really play in 95 or 96.
He was too light to rush from a three-point stance early on at Florida. If he did, it was during '97 or '98.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Spikes was the most gamechanging LB I've seen at UF. (Im too young to remember Marshall at UF. He was in the pro's by the time I remember.) Spikes was a unanamious 1st team AllSEC, a rare feat. Hicks and Stamper were just solid, not elite by any means..

Siler was twice the MLB and leader Spikes ever dreamed of being. Spikes never saw a play he couldn't manage to over run. The Moreno hit was his main claim to fame.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Siler was twice the MLB and leader Spikes ever dreamed of being. Spikes never saw a play he couldn't manage to over run. The Moreno hit was his main claim to fame.
I know you keep babbling this shyt.

And yet, Spikes was a UNANIMOUS first team AllSEC 2008, and a first team All American in 9 polls in 2008. In 2009, he was first team Coach's All SEC and 2nd team AP, and All American in 3 polls.
Perhaps you are mostly thinking about 2007. Yes, he was young and not great in 2007.

Siler was good runstopper, but slow and incredibly limited in coverage. Siler was a second team AllSEC guy in 2006 and not unanimous even at that. He wasn't All American in any year.

All those experts must be wrong, too.

Last edited:

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I know you keep babbling this shyt.

And yet, Spikes was a UNANIMOUS first team AllSEC, and a first team All American in 9 polls.

All those experts must be wrong too.

Siler was good, but slow. Siler was a second team AllSEC guy, and not unanimous even at that. He wasn't All American in any.

I guess you are thinking about 2007. Yes, he was young and not great in 2007.

You were too drunk to see straight.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We know that Spikes banged your granddaughter and made a video of it. It's ok, Goon.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We know that Spikes banged your granddaughter and made a video of it. It's ok, Goon.
How bad is it that I thought that read grandmother at first?

I know. We'd all be feeling sorry for Spikes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator