raw
Ignore the facts then - I don't care.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Man, everyone has lost their sense of humor around here.
Sorry, with all the negative crap being posted (we even have posters hating on anything that smells of optimism), so I was all wrapped up in that and I honestly thought you were just piling on unnecessarily and I didn't detect humor or sarcasm in your response.
Nevermind................
tumblr_llj0sovlIQ1qbjc7fo1_400.gif

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It really doesn't bother me either way what they say, SEC, ACC, and so on. The SEC literally beats the hell out of itself by the end of a season who knows who will play. It is by far the most grinding and toughest conference in the nation. I will give Clemson credit as they have made the Almost Competitive Conference somewhat more competitive.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
The SEC is by far the best conference in America. "Best" conference, in my book, doesn't mean which conference has the team that won the national championship. Because Clemson won the national championship doesn't mean the ACC is the best conference. The ACC has the best team this year, or at least the best team when the final whistle was blown on the night of January 9, 2017, but that is all I will allow them.

If you look at attendance figures the SEC leads by far with the Big Ten second, followed by the Big 12 third, the PAC 12 fourth and the ACC fifth. The SEC has the best players overall, the best rivalries, the most passionate fans, the loudest stadiums, and the best traditions and tailgating. From top to bottom the SEC is the strongest league. There may be some variation in who is the top to bottom strongest league in different years, but most of the time it's going to be the SEC.

SC Gator

Sorta Kinda
Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
You would rather have Tennessee, Uga and USC to be great every year just so the SEC can be great? Hope those teams suck forever.

Last edited:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
You anyone rather have Tennessee, Uga and USC to be great every year just so the SEC can be great? Hope those teams suck forever.

Still, USC has a pretty good record versus Clemson.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
ACC had CLEM, F$U, and LOU strong this year. Most year's it's only CLEM and F$U.

SEC had ALA....and nothing this year.
B12 had OU and sorta-OSU? I dunno. Can't say anything stood out to me this season from there.
PAC12 had UW and sorta-USC, but overall underwhelming.
B1G had pOSU, MICH, and sorta-PSU...most of which sht the bed at bowl time and proved they should be ranked a low conference.

I'd say this past year, ACC was probably the better conference, at least in terms of having some heavyweights. But it's a blip, highlighted by the lack of non-ALA SEC power teams. Let them have their year.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
ACC had CLEM, F$U, and LOU strong this year. Most year's it's only CLEM and F$U.

SEC had ALA....and nothing this year.
B12 had OU and sorta-OSU? I dunno. Can't say anything stood out to me this season from there.
PAC12 had UW and sorta-USC, but overall underwhelming.
B1G had pOSU, MICH, and sorta-PSU...most of which sht the bed at bowl time and proved they should be ranked a low conference.

I'd say this past year, ACC was probably the better conference, at least in terms of having some heavyweights. But it's a blip, highlighted by the lack of non-ALA SEC power teams. Let them have their year.
Don't be fooled by Louisville. They lost to Kentucky and got truck sticked by Houston and LSU. ACC was Clemson and FSU again. The rest of the pack made up some ground, I'd even be willing to call Virginia Tech strong if they hadn't lost to Syracuse and choked against Tennessee.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Don't worry, they'll hate the SEC even more after we win the NC next year.
:chomp:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator