Gilbert Gottfried joins Louie Anderson and Bob Saget in the great comedy club in the sky

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
Ironically Gilbert Gottfried tweeted this pic in January after Bob Saget and Louie Anderson died. Photo is even sadder now! All three of these guys have died in 2022 and it ain't but April 14th.

RIP Gilbert. Weird to think I would miss that obnoxious, nails-on-a-chalkboard voice but come to think of it I guess I kind of will.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Ironically Gilbert Gottfried tweeted this pic in January after Bob Saget and Louie Anderson died. Photo is even sadder now! All three of these guys have died in 2022 and it ain't but April 14th.

RIP Gilbert. Weird to think I would miss that obnoxious, nails-on-a-chalkboard voice but come to think of it I guess I kind of will.

Yep... he could be hilarious.

Side note - he and his wife were on an episode of 'Flea Market Flip' on HGTV.
Even in a relaxed setting his brain was still in a very funny, weird place.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Sorry for their families but I wouldn't pay .10C to watch any of them perform.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
IMO, Gilbert WAS NOT good comedy...just sayin...
:rolleyes: Chiming in on an RIP thread to say you didn't like the guy makes me doubt your expertise on "good comedy." Who is someone you think is funny?

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
:rolleyes: Chiming in on an RIP thread to say you didn't like the guy makes me doubt your expertise on "good comedy." Who is someone you think is funny?

Johnathan Winters, Tim Conway, Robin Williams, Jeff Dunham to name a few.

However, I never claimed to be an expert on good comedy. Simply stated that I don't thing Gilbert is funny at all. What you think is funny doesn't necessarily translate to humor to anyone else... ;)

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
I listened to a little of Bob Saget's humor after he left Full House.
I'm sure he was funny in certain circles, but after seeing him on that show for that long, it was just odd to hear what would come out of his mouth.
Sort of a cognitive dissonant type of reaction.

Didn't really follow the others too closely either, except for Norm.
And even then - it was just short clips from some of his stand up or talk show interviews.

I fall more into the Jim Gaffigan / Brian Regan camp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.