Go Army! Beat Navy!

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Long lost footage of @Swamp Donkey during his medic heyday:

I-Dont-Always-PT.jpg

There is no way that is real.

That has to be a contractor or something. Those "fast assault shirts" dont always look fast.

81SBCT (stryker brigade). Washington, NG. Take that up with the state of Washington, @SeabeeGator . Regular Army doesn't really look at the NG as true Army. And from my experience, NG doesn't really act like regular Army when it matters. Just saying.

By the way ... my only encounters with Seabees was as fobbits building stuff on FOBs like mini PX's and burger kings. The true engineering work on the battlefield is done by the Army. Not once did I see any Seabees clearing IEDs or breaching the FLOT.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
81SBCT (stryker brigade). Washington, NG. Take that up with the state of Washington, @SeabeeGator . Regular Army doesn't really look at the NG as true Army. And from my experience, NG doesn't really act like regular Army when it matters. Just saying.

By the way ... my only encounters with Seabees was as fobbits building stuff on FOBs like mini PX's and burger kings. The true engineering work on the battlefield is done by the Army. Not once did I see any Seabees clearing IEDs or breaching the FLOT.
Congrats, you identified that we don’t have explosives in our ROCs. And you’re definitely correct - we build and improve FOBs which would inherently make us fobbits. But ask a couple of Marines (you know, the guys hooahs look up to) what they think of Seabees.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Congrats, you identified that we don’t have explosives in our ROCs. And you’re definitely correct - we build and improve FOBs which would inherently make us fobbits. But ask a couple of Marines (you know, the guys hooahs look up to) what they think of Seabees.

Why would I do that? I dont really look up to them like you do I guess. I got 10x that in my circle. :p Marines just take the beach, then move to the side so we can go take care of business. Marines are great ... but really a dime a dozen in the Army no matter how highly you guys think of them.

In fact ... I always find it funny how Navy peeps always elevate the Marine whenever they talk to Army peeps. Its as if they understand the hooah in infantry but in the same breath totally ignore that the Army is all about infantry. Marines are just another infantry unit as far we see it. And not really an infantry unit that can sustain itself ... built for short bursts.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Why would I do that? I dont really look up to them like you do I guess. I got 10x that in my circle. :p Marines just take the beach, then move to the side so we can go take care of business. Marines are great ... but really a dime a dozen in the Army no matter how highly you guys think of them.

In fact ... I always find it funny how Navy peeps always elevate the Marine whenever they talk to Army peeps. Its as if they understand the hooah in infantry but in the same breath totally ignore that the Army is all about infantry. Marines are just another infantry unit as far we see it. And not really an infantry unit that can sustain itself ... built for short bursts.
Of course we do - have to support our own.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Of course we do - have to support our own.

Well ... all other weeks of the year its kinda cool to me. The idea of a floating air force and army with guns and stuff attached to those boats. But this week ... you are all a bunch of slimy scum.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Well ... all other weeks of the year its kinda cool to me. The idea of a floating air force and army with guns and stuff attached to those boats. But this week ... you are all a bunch of slimy scum.
Honest take here - I don’t really care. It’s academy specific. Makes for fun Facebook banter but USNA is far down the list of teams I care about.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Honest take here - I don’t really care. It’s academy specific. Makes for fun Facebook banter but USNA is far down the list of teams I care about.

I bleed black and gold. Wore that tag over my heart for 20+ years. Trained and trained by many west point grads. Yeah, it is academy specific ... but it is the US Army academy.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014

By the way ... my only encounters with Seabees was as fobbits building stuff on FOBs like mini PX's and burger kings AND B-HUTS. The true engineering work on the battlefield is done by the Army. Not once did I see any Seabees clearing IEDs or breaching the FLOT.

FIFY

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Agreed. When I was in the Army nobody cared about the Army-Navy game. It's mainly a rivalry between the two service academies and the officers who attended them, not so much between the two branches of service in general.

The idea of rank-and-file soldiers and sailors gathered around to watch the Army-Navy game is a myth that I believe originated from the TV show M*A*S*H*.
I see the rank and file gathered around TVs.... if it gets them some free liberty. That’s the greatest motivator in the military.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Haha yeah I started smoking just so I could take smoke breaks. But then I quit when I found out how much Germans valued Marlboro Reds.
One of the best commanders I ever had checked our ration cards every month on payday... he knew who smoked and who was black marketing

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Haha yeah I started smoking just so I could take smoke breaks. But then I quit when I found out how much Germans valued Marlboro Reds.
The most unanimous support I ever saw for a commanding officer was during the Clemson Bama game after the 2016 season. He was an enormous Clemson fan and promised the entire battalion 1 day liberty if Clemson won. Never seen so many Clemson fans in my life.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
PPS “Whats are the first and last things built on an AFB?”
My FIL was in the Army Air Corps (and yes I mean Army Air Corps - and he's still alive, BTW) and later for a short time the USAF reserves, and he always claimed the first thing built was always either the OC or the golf course and the last thing built was the runways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.