Golden State Warriors

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm sure not many 6'3 PGs could. I don't think Mike would want much of LBJ coming full speed at him, no?

LeBron would dish off at the last second.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
At the rules they had then, the bulls would slaughter this warriors team. If they played according to the rules today, it would be a very close game.
I agree with the first part, but I think under today's rules the warriors win easy. It's all about the 3 ball today and curry has had the best shooting season ever.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Curry would **** his pants if he had MJ guarding him or if he had to play the Bad Boy Pistons more than one time a season.

Pippen was the guy that always guarded a star point guard since he was their best defender. Obviously they would rotate when they used a traditional pg. Jordan would guard Thompson.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Curry would **** his pants if he had MJ guarding him or if he had to play the Bad Boy Pistons more than one time a season.
I think Curry is an excellent shooter, maybe the best pure shooter of the modern era at minimum, but he'd need a safe space after playing against the Bad Boy Pistons or Gary Payton in his prime.

'78 I understand the comparisons, people try to draw the comparison between Lebron and Jordan all the time, but the league was much more competitive back then, and the rules for fouls on both sides of the ball were different. Count in that traveling rarely, if ever, gets called anymore and it's not even the same game.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think Curry is an excellent shooter, maybe the best pure shooter of the modern era at minimum, but he'd need a safe space after playing against the Bad Boy Pistons or Gary Payton in his prime.

'78 I understand the comparisons, people try to draw the comparison between Lebron and Jordan all the time, but the league was much more competitive back then, and the rules for fouls on both sides of the ball were different. Count in that traveling rarely, if ever, gets called anymore and it's not even the same game.

This is one of the primary differences today. Most of the time when you hear an announcer say "That was amazing" the response usually should be 'No, that was traveling" but who needs rules, it is about entertainment only.Professional sports are not sports anymore, they are entertainment only now.

Sep 29, 2015
I don't know which is the better team, and I know if it came down to the final possession, I'm taking the Bulls with the ball in Jordan's hands 10 times out of 10. But Curry is not just the greatest shooter in the modern era, he is the greatest shooter of all time, and it isn't debatable. He is on pace to hit almost 400 this year. The second most in a season? Also Curry, with 286 last year. Third? Curry two years ago with 272. Ray Allen is 4th with 269 from his Sonics days. Curry routinely hits contested shots and shots from way beyond the arc - so the argument that late 80's/90's era D would have locked him down is mitigated (if it were just the rules, the top 25/50 would all be from this era, but that's not the case - BUT - there's almost nobody on the list from the Bad Boys era, so there's some merit to other guys being locked down, just not Curry IMO). Oh, and Curry may be the best dribbler in the game today, too.

Point is, if you're not watching Curry/the Warriors you should be. What's he's doing is unprecedented and a lot of fun to watch.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
I hate the generation gap and it makes these comparison impossible. Amusing, but impossible. I guarantee you if MJ was born 20 years later and played against todays competition he would be labeled a sissy and reverse with Lebron or Kobe. Players have to play within the rules of their time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator