Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Obviously spurrier is getting looked at

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Spurrier as AD? That's about all I could see. JF would never swallow his pride and ask him back. Foley would definitely be out of that decision.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Anybody that realistically thinks Spurrier is returning to coach the football team has probably been doing heavy drugs (herion, meth, crack, etc) for the last 10 years.....

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
BMF;n87430 said:
Anybody that realistically thinks Spurrier is returning to coach the football team has probably been doing heavy drugs (herion, meth, crack, etc) for the last 10 years.....

Agreed...at a young spry 69...I just don't see it.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
I stopped reading when he claimed WM was disciplined and passionate about football. If so, it doesn't show. It's like the family of a criminal saying "he was such a good boy". It doesn't fly.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
He'll be 70 next year that leaves us open to alot of negative recruiting. I love him I know he can still coach but we're already seeing his talent dry up in sc. I wouldn't be upset one bit if we brought him back but I don't know if it's the right move or not.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Nobody was more shocked than I was when Spurrier left. I didn't think he'd ever leave I just thought he'd retire at 60 cuz he said he didn't want to coach past 60. So that was the first time I thought I saw everything. He went to the NFL and coached past 60 so I thought boy I've seen everything. Then he went to coach AGAINST us and then I really thought I saw everything. So now I wouldn't be shocked if somehow he ended up back here cuz then I really would have seen everything.

And there is a possibility Foley takes the SEC comish job.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Somebody needs to tell Spurrier it would be like starting back at Duke … on the level.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It's another boring bye week with the only things of interest floating the national headlines being Foley offering Muschamp a stay of execution and Tebow ripping the current regime to shreds. So allow me to take a big hit off the crack pipe ...

What if ... Muschamp lays an egg for November, turning this into a nightmare for the ages? What if ... one by one, the A and B lists of candidates give Foley a collective thumbs down? What if ... it's Dec. 15 and we're stuck between a rock and a hard place in terms of viable candidates?

The final sentence of the Only Gators piece.

But with there no sure-fire candidates out there and Florida in drastic need of a boost both in offense and morale, perhaps the Head Ball Coach could find his way back to Gainesville for one more tour of duty.

Might as well be prepared for just about anything.

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
As much as I love Spurrier I'm just not interested in him coming back as our HBC. His legacy sits so comfortably in my mind I just don't want it disturbed by the possibility that it might not end well a la Bowden for etc. I know on this board I'm a very distinct minority of one but if I had my druthers and I had a choice with a wave of my hand I'd want Urbs back. But that's like me wanting to spend the night with Penelope Cruz....it just ain't going to happen. Having said that I want someone young and aggressive that wants to just win baby. I see Mike "I'm a man!" Gundy filling that bill. His offenses are dynamic and exciting and he is a bit of a river boat gambler like SOS when the occasion is right. But my opinion has about as much value on this board as a Larry Ochab TD pass. So it doesn't really matter who I want. I just hope the next coach is the right one for us, Gator Nation, and him so he'll stick around for awhile.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
backstop13;n87480 said:
I actually like Gundy. I'd be supportive of that hire

That's my favorite choice aswell. He would be the first I looked at.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
PaulDrake;n87469 said:
I know on this board I'm a very distinct minority of one but if I had my druthers and I had a choice with a wave of my hand I'd want Vagina back.
Hey, Paul. Remember when I said I wanted you to post more.

I changed my mind.

:)

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n87450]It's another boring bye week with the only things of interest floating the national headlines being Foley offering Muschamp a stay of execution and Tebow ripping the current regime to shreds. So allow me to take a big hit off the crack pipe ...

What if ... Muschamp lays an egg for November, turning this into a nightmare for the ages? What if ... one by one, the A and B lists of candidates give Foley a collective thumbs down? What if ... it's Dec. 15 and we're stuck between a rock and a hard place in terms of viable candidates?

The final sentence of the Only Gators piece.

Might as well be prepared for just about anything.
[/QUOTE]

He's a washed up traiter and he sucks . And you suck too!

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Larry Ochab reference. :thumbup:

Is it viable for Spurrier to come in as an interim coach until the right candidate is available? Is it even logistically possible. It would not tarnish his legacy at all - I would see him as a caretaker of sorts until we get the stench of Muschamp out of the locker room.

Gator_Chompz

Founding Member
Marine 4 Life
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
I am not convinced Spurrier would come back however....for discussion purposes how much of an impact does he make? Certainly his name would attract top recruits but does he still have it? Would he be committed to work at the pace required at UF? We all know the leash is short but if Spurrier doesn't bring the type of fire like he did in the 90's would the fan base turn on him for being so impatient?

The chances that our next coach makes an Urban/spurrier flash right away is slim If you ask me just because any coach who does come in will have to restore the players, fan base and boosters confidence.

The one thing I am certain is....We will be back.

Long time reader but seldom poster. This Marine would love to hear your thoughts.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
I guess Spurrier could commute from Crescent Beach. Maybe he could negotiate his own plane.

Gator_Chompz

Founding Member
Marine 4 Life
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
BTW...those concerned for SOS's legacy need not to worry. Regardless if he comes back or not he is already enshrined into Gator history. I do not believe his legacy would be tarnished.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.