Graduate Transfer OL from FCS offered

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
https://www.seccountry.com/florida/graduate-transfer-offensive-lineman-visiting-florida

Graduate transfer from 1AA Rhode Island.

UF is targeting Tyler Catalina from Rhode Island.
The Gators offered Catalina in January and will host him on an official visit this weekend.
Catalina was a three-year starter for the Rams at both tackle positions, earning Second Team All-Conference honors last season. He will graduate from Rhode Island in May and transfer to a new school for his final year of eligibility.
The 6-foot-6, 298-pounder is also receiving interest from Auburn and Oregon and has been offered by Arizona, Boston College, Iowa State and Missouri, among others.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
One day we won't have to keep offering these graduate transfers from lower level schools to come and fill the gaping hole on the roster along the offensive line, left by the previous coach. One day. Until then, come on down big boy. We have pass rushing holes to fill and running holes to open and this big 300 pounder will be a welcomed addition.

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
This may have been discussed last spring but does anyone know of other major programs that have been unable to host a "regular" game at the end of Spring practice because of an inadequate number of offensive lineman? I can't think of another example where a team has had to fashion a scrimmage instead of a game but maybe this has happened to others.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This may have been discussed last spring but does anyone know of other major programs that have been unable to host a "regular" game at the end of Spring practice because of an inadequate number of offensive lineman? I can't think of another example where a team has had to fashion a scrimmage instead of a game but maybe this has happened to others.

I've seen it a couple times. But it's pretty rare. I think USCe ran into this a couple years ago?

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I've seen it a couple times. But it's pretty rare. I think USCe ran into this a couple years ago?

In a coupla years USCe won't have a spring game 'cause Messedchomp forgot to sign
someone to hike the ball.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
In a coupla years USCe won't have a spring game 'cause Messedchomp forgot to sign
someone to hike the ball.

Rog, can you please explain to me what in the hell the AD at South Carolina was thinking when he hired that bonehead?

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015

Nope just UF every year with muschamp, and USCe every year starting in 2017 til he's fired.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
james1.png

Can we just pass on this guy....I'm over watching safety's blow up our linemen....

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
james1.png

Can we just pass on this guy....I'm over watching safety's blow up our linemen....

Thanks to that retard who coached at UF from 2011-2014 we are in no position to pass on any OL interested in playing here. Add to that, we only have 3 OLs committed and it's a "position of need" in this current recruiting class. No, we should not pass on this guy - if he wants to come here. He may not start, but gives us another option if needed.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Thanks to that retard who coached at UF from 2011-2014 we are in no position to pass on any OL interested in playing here. Add to that, we only have 3 OLs committed and it's a "position of need" in this current recruiting class. No, we should not pass on this guy - if he wants to come here. He may not start, but gives us another option if needed.
I'm not so sure I like that option:lol2:...

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
The difference between this guy and Halter was playing time. We were so barren he had to start. This guy won't be starting. Sharpe will man one spot with either Ivey or Johnson at the other tackle spot. He can be solid depth which we need.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The difference between this guy and Halter was playing time. We were so barren he had to start. This guy won't be starting. Sharpe will man one spot with either Ivey or Johnson at the other tackle spot. He can be solid depth which we need.
He will be starting. Ivey isn't close to ready to move and Johnson needs work.

The film of this guys is pretty good. He will start.

Last edited:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
He will be starting. Ivey isn't close to ready and Johnson needs work.

The film of this guys is pretty good. He will start.
I looked pretty good when I played Pop Warner.....playing against Pop Warner competition....Don't get your hopes up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.