Grant Holloway

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Yes Lake. that guy, I remember him well.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
We are hoping that Cleveland will be a deep threat, but this guy, with his speed and height, could be an excellent deep threat.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
If he plays football and is on scholly for any sport, then it counts toward our football cap.

I was wondering this earlier - do academic scholarships count against a sports program? I did not know that another sport scholly counts against football if the kid plays, so thank you for the insight, but how do academic schollies play into it?

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
I seem to remember bad things happening when Carlos Alvarez ran track to "keep in shape." Track is a dangerous sport.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
Per the article:
"The main reason I picked the Gators was because they're going to help me reach my Olympic dream as well as give me a shot to play college football," Holloway said

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I remember at Miami Santana Moss was recruited on a track scholarship. It is good to have speed on your roster. This kid has experience with the ball in his hands and if he can return kicks or even be a safety on kick coverage he could help.

It never hurts to have speed on your roster, especially when you get to see if this guy is any good before actually using a scholly on him.

Oklahoma Gator

Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2015
Here's a quick shot of his senior year stats. Seems to be something of a late bloomer on the field which explains his low star rating.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    356.5 KB · Views: 53

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Uh oh! Your stats shrunk him to 6' 2".
All the services I've looked at say 6'2". The AlligatorArmy article said he's been measured anywhere from 6'2" to 6'4". He's just going into his Senior year, so he could still be growing.

Rentmoneygawd

Jan 14, 2016
can never have too many homerun threats...if he can learn the playbook then he will get some PT.

Imagine a second string lineup with not much dropoff from your 1st stringers. Offense won't miss a beat and you keep those guys fresh.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
The guy runs like Ted Ginn...

That's the one thing that I noticed. Stride, where he carries the ball, etc...

All look like Ginn

ppinesgator

Founding Member
aka "Biggums"
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
Looks to me like he's primarily headed here to run track and football is secondary. That makes since given the National Champion UF track and field program has had the best jumpers (long and triple jump) in the world the last eight years or so. In last year's US qualifier for the World Championships, Gator alums came in first, second and third.

That being said,he's smart to hedge his bets with some football. Might lead to a bigger paycheck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.