Grantham and Hevesy fired

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
The only gut feeling I have is this ain't over. Trying to read the minds of those Turkeys, from Fuchs on down, is a waste of brain power. The only semi tangible evidence relative to any of them was Mulls presser. He looked defeated, miserable, and like he didn't want to be there. What its worth to him to continue his misery past this year, I have no idea. And I have no idea whether it's his decision to make. Firing him before the end of the year doesn't make much sense. But then again I'm trying to read the minds of people further up the chain who've made no sense for years.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The only gut feeling I have is this ain't over. Trying to read the minds of those Turkeys, from Fuchs on down, is a waste of brain power. The only semi tangible evidence relative to any of them was Mulls presser. He looked defeated, miserable, and like he didn't want to be there. What its worth to him to continue his misery past this year, I have no idea. And I have no idea whether it's his decision to make. Firing him before the end of the year doesn't make much sense. But then again I'm trying to read the minds of people further up the chain who've made no sense for years.

Our Admin should have handled this like LSU, make him finish the year and let it be known that it's over after the year. LSU is still playing hard for a coach they know is broken off.... our coach who is supposed to be on solid ground had a team that played like they didn't want to be there.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
the people who think this is the end of the of it and Mullinz survives are drastically wrong.

just as the people (same people) who said that Stricklin doesn't care and isn't feeling any pressure were drastically wrong

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Our Admin should have handled this like LSU, make him finish the year and let it be known that it's over after the year. LSU is still playing hard for a coach they know is broken off.... our coach who is supposed to be on solid ground had a team that played like they didn't want to be there.
Please do not attempt to apply logic to this situation.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

This. It also gives recruits (the one's committed and the one's we're still pursing) time to let it sink in and accept there will be a new staff...it's still UF, so they'll be playing SEC ball at a big time school...everything will be okay, etc type of feeling. Instead, there's a cloud over the program, the coach, the players, the admin, etc. Doing what LSU did was a smart move, meanwhile....there's Gainesville.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014

Tell your contacts in the UAA to start lighting fires and burning **** down

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
it doesn't even get him in the discussion linebacker for coach for Fordham.

if this was Dan's choice, it is just more of ensuring Dan will get Dan fired.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Tell your contacts in the UAA to start lighting fires and burning **** down

We had a good lunch on Saturday, before the Mrs and I were house hunting... I can only imagine their moods after Saturday night.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014

Hell he wouldnt get looks at most major high schools...

The CR decision by Dopey makes absolutely zero sense

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
May want to hold off a month or so. Should be some nice homes coming on the market pretty soon. And they'll need to sell.

555e62c22ec463b.gif

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Hell he wouldnt get looks at most major high schools...

The CR decision by Dopey makes absolutely zero sense
This is why it is even more inevitable.

this is more classic than Mullen.

it's like giving Marco the captain position after the shoe throw.

Grantham is gone, so I promote his Dwag GA to DC, which ironically also ensures the one thing that possibly could help Mullinz remain, an absolutely drastic turnaround in the next 3 games, will never occur.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
the people who think this is the end of the of it and Mullinz survives are drastically wrong.

just as the people (same people) who said that Stricklin doesn't care and isn't feeling any pressure were drastically wrong
There's zero evidence Stricklin is feeling anything. Part of me thinks he still has no idea what's going on and hasn't even spoken to Mullen. He doesn't watch the games, I doubt he knows what UF's record is.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Dan Mullinz press conference means nothing. until we see a press conference by someone above him saying he's going to be here next year despite the disaster, like Foley did for Chimp, it's just more cowbell coach speak.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
There's zero evidence Stricklin is feeling anything. Part of me thinks he still has no idea what's going on and hasn't even spoken to Mullen. He doesn't watch the games, I doubt he knows what UF's record is.
there's very little doubt my mind he's way more worried about the girls basketball coach situation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator