Grantham STAYING; assistant coach hires & fires

PhD Gator

UF Ph.D. 2011
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
It really seems like Mullen is striking out left and right on the D-backs / Co-DC hire. I 100% believe Grantham should have been fired after this past season, but if they are keeping him, I like the idea of bringing in a relatively big name for the DB/Co-DC role to help Grantham and bring in some fresh ideas.

But, you have to wonder if Mullen's erratic behavior and flirtation with the NFL (in his and his agent's minds at least) are one of the big things holding us back on this hire. I would have loved Strong or Ash and from the little bit of background Linguist sounds like he would have been solid as well. So, now where do we turn?

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014

Rest assured the feeling is not mutual. Ray Charles and Stevie Wonder confirmed by "seeing" it first hand.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
This sucks, but I get it. What decent coach wants to work this closely with a jack off like Grantham? I sure wouldn't.
That's exactly what this is. We aren't getting any homerun guy to come here and ruin his rep. We're stuck with dollar store discounts until one or both of these idiots are fired. I'm hoping for both.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe we at least would feel better thinking that our D catches fire with Grantham? As of now it sounds & feels like if 2021 UF defense were in the top 15 everyone would hate it. Can the players (esp. with transfers) make Grantham effective as a DC? :confused:

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Can he recruit. He is a Saban and Kirby product. Not sure how I feel about that.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Honestly get the impression no one wants to coach under TG. They went for bigger people just struck out. Had to get someone who would fall in line and not rock the boat with their new fangled fresh ideas.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Honestly get the impression no one wants to coach under TG. They went for bigger people just struck out. Had to get someone who would fall in line and not rock the boat with their new fangled fresh ideas.
I can't remember where I read it, but someone said that Pat Dooley said on a radio show that Strong and Mullen talked and everything was going good until Strong met with Grantham.

EDIT: I know...Pat Dooley

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator