Happy 4/14 - 4th & 14

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
In honor of 4/14. With no sports going on, this one is always worth celebrating.......enjoy.......

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I honestly think I’ve watched that play more than any other play in history. Not even sure why. The closest would probably be the three plays to go up on the noles in ‘97. There’s just something about that clip that’s awesome. Jones’ faces after each play are great. And it’d been just a year since he actually instructed his DTs to swipe our center’s arm and claim fumble when we were closing out our ‘14 win. My God he was absolute garbage.

Thanks for sharing.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I just can’t believe we’ve lowered to that level of needing a wink from God.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Ahhhh, yes. Id recognize the DB coaching of Charlton Warren anywhere.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I honestly hadn’t been yelling that much during that game, but my voice went from healthy to completely gone in the few seconds it took Callaway to score after getting the block from Powell. Then I hit my shin on the stadium step while jumping up and down and bled everywhere. Still have the scar. Good times.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
My favorite part of that clip is the tinerc fan laughing. He knew it was coming, because, it’s tinerc. And Grier’s reward? He got run out of town by MacNuss. Fvkk shark humper.

Gator by the Sea

Lifetime Member
Mar 9, 2017
I remember my buddy and I saying that Butch's decision not to go for two after their last score was going to come back and bite them...and sure enough it did. I also remember we were sitting in the next section over from the Tennessee fans. Seeing their faces as the 4th quarter went on was glorious!

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
One lovely side note -
If you ever heard the UT broadcasting crew's call of the end of the game, it's worth listening to.
(don't have the link ...sorry) but the UT color commentator thought the last FG was good.
It was pure gold listening to the elation and then the utter despair in his voice...

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I remember my buddy and I saying that Butch's decision not to go for two after their last score was going to come back and bite them...and sure enough it did. I also remember we were sitting in the next section over from the Tennessee fans. Seeing their faces as the 4th quarter went on was glorious!

I've heard that argument several times from ut fans as well. The signature flaw in it however, is that at a minimum, they miss the FG at the end(assuming they even tried to score in regulation) and we go to OT. Now obviously nothing's certain, but when one team has scored 14 straight, has every ounce of momentum and is at home, I'll take them all day over the road team trying to hang on for dear life in Swamp ad limping to the finish. They lost the moment Brandon Powell converted the second 4th down on our next to last possession. The next play he either scored, or set up the score. Once we did that, they went into their shell and were toast.

Ironically, it's the exact opposite of 2017 where McElwain inexplicably seemed content to kill things in regulation despite the vols being the ones that had stormed back. It happens at times, but typically the team trending late, especially if facing an opponent that's equally fading(see ut's next to last possession in '15), is going to win in OT. If not for Franks and Cleveland improvising, we likely drop two straight to ut for the first time since 2003-04. Fortunately we got the win, stopped them getting traction in the series, and still managed to fire JM. Plus the popcorn sales. Just a fantastic outcome all around.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Ironically, it's the exact opposite of 2017 where McElwain inexplicably seemed content to kill things in regulation despite the vols being the ones that had stormed back. It happens at times, but typically the team trending late, especially if facing an opponent that's equally fading(see ut's next to last possession in '15), is going to win in OT. If not for Franks and Cleveland improvising, we likely drop two straight to ut for the first time since 2003-04. Fortunately we got the win, stopped them getting traction in the series, and still managed to fire JM. Plus the popcorn sales. Just a fantastic outcome all around.

Remember listening to Gainesville radio after that win, the fans were wondering how long it was going to be before we broke off McElwain after one of the most exciting single plays in UF history happened.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Damn close to making that field goal

Oh man. Seems to get closer every time I watch. That ball went straight and FAR. If his foot had landed a millimeter to the balls right...

If you go back and look at Medley’s first kick, it was placed about 2 yards further to the right, where it should’ve been following the previous play. After the first kick and TO, the ball was moved over to the left. It contributed to the second kick being closer.

One of the things I really miss about Spurrier. Win or not, he not only would’ve seen it, but he would’ve called out those refs for the move. No idea why it never came up.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Watching the first two minutes of this is pure gold as well, watching this no good piece of excrement writhe....

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.