Happy Birthday Concrete Helmet!

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n259871 said:
Happy belated Birthday Brad...I'd gladly give you mine if it meant not getting another year older.

And damn. 51?

Does anything get better when you get that old?

I cant wait until I am 80. We have these old crusty guys come into the office and they can say WHATEVER the hell they want. There is literally no filter.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
bradgator2;n259890 said:
And damn. 51?

Does anything get better when you get that old?

I cant wait until I am 80. We have these old crusty guys come into the office and they can say WHATEVER the hell they want. There is literally no filter.

Nothing really gets better once your past about 45.....I've already lost about half of my mind and a lot of my eyesight. In fact the only thing I seem to gain is more weight :lol:

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n259849 said:
Nav hates you too Brad

It's also possible we simply missed it at the bottom of the page. Like the EPA, we're only human.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n259915 said:
It's also possible we simply missed it at the bottom of the page. Like the EPA, we're only human.

Don't spread rumors of humanity Nav.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah you probably won't get a birthday thread if no one knows it's your birthday. :crazy:

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n259905 said:
Nothing really gets better once your past about 45.....I've already lost about half of my mind and a lot of my eyesight. In fact the only thing I seem to gain is more weight :lol:

I'm 39. The changes have started. The hangovers last longer. The knees hurt more.

This November, my goal is to run a 5k in under 20 minutes. My fastest time ever was 20:20 when I was 19. But I did get a 21:20 last March. And in January, my goal is to beat my personal record in half marathon. Because I know if I dont do it now... it's never going to happen. As far as weight, I have to admit that I have never been as healthy as I am now. I woke up from the horrible eating lifestyle I was in about 3 years ago. Sporting a 10.5 body fat % now. Trying to gain some muscle before my big fall/winter running season.

I'll tell one thing that does get better with age: palate. Nice foods and drinks are really appreciated and enjoyed the older you get.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
bradgator2;n259927 said:
I'm 39. The changes have started. The hangovers last longer. The knees hurt more.

This November, my goal is to run a 5k in under 20 minutes. My fastest time ever was 20:20 when I was 19. But I did get a 21:20 last March. And in January, my goal is to beat my personal record in half marathon. Because I know if I dont do it now... it's never going to happen. As far as weight, I have to admit that I have never been as healthy as I am now. I woke up from the horrible eating lifestyle I was in about 3 years ago. Sporting a 10.5 body fat % now. Trying to gain some muscle before my big fall/winter running season.

I'll tell one thing that does get better with age: palate. Nice foods and drinks are really appreciated and enjoyed the older you get.
Yeah, I've been 39 for about 12 years now. :wink:
But seriously, I'm 51 and in the best physical shape of my life. Heart disease will get your attention real fast. But overall, my body is succumbing to gravity. My knees are shot, so I just ride my bike to work and lift light weights for exercise. Eye sight's getting worse and got some glaucoma creeping in. Definitely can't drink like I used to, but still try on occasion.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Always wonder what happened to the last 20 years. Happy birthday Crete!!

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Happy Birthday Crete.
Hopefully dementia sets in sooner than later for you so you forget how to log in here :stickpoke:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
bradgator2;n259927 said:

Funny thing is I was in phenomenal shape at 42. The best of my life, 5-6% bodyfat, 210# and wore 33" waist. Lifted weights 6 days a week and ran 3-5 miles everyday. My rotator cuffs and knees finally all but gave out around 44-45 and lost about half of my upper body strength.....I stepped on the scale before going on vacation last week and.......268# :doh: Needless to say I will be making some radical changes. My 7 year old son deserves a better dad who will be able to at least throw a football around or shoot baskets in the driveway without having a heart attack.:headslap:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
GatorBart;n259962 said:
Eye sight's getting worse and got some glaucoma creeping in. Definitely can't drink like I used to, but still try on occasion.
I feel your pain there Bart. I have to take 2 different kinds of eyedrops 3 times a day for glaucoma...

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm 40 years old and 6'3 - 195lbs. I sat around 215 to 220 pounds for about two years but got it off a couple years ago. Strength wise I'm in pretty good shape. Cardiovascular wise I'm a mess.

GatorBart

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n259981 said:
Funny thing is I was in phenomenal shape at 42. The best of my life, 5-6% bodyfat, 210# and wore 33" waist. Lifted weights 6 days a week and ran 3-5 miles everyday. My rotator cuffs and knees finally all but gave out around 44-45 and lost about half of my upper body strength.....I stepped on the scale before going on vacation last week and.......268# :doh: Needless to say I will be making some radical changes. My 7 year old son deserves a better dad who will be able to at least throw a football around or shoot baskets in the driveway without having a heart attack.:headslap:
Get that weight under control Crete. Also, go see a doctor about getting an Electronic Beam Tomography (EBT) scan (tells how much plague you have in your arteries) and some blood work done. Luckily I've always been thin (6'2" ~200lbs), but I got bad genes so I quit eating bread about a year ago (and reducing my portions) and lost 25 pounds that I didn't think I had to lose. Basically lost what I thought was my beer gut, but was actually a bread gut. I still drink beer - can't give that up.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
GatorJ;n259990 said:
I'm 40 years old and 6'3 - 195lbs. I sat around 215 to 220 pounds for about two years but got it off a couple years ago. Strength wise I'm in pretty good shape. Cardiovascular wise I'm a mess.

My advice is to keep it off J....it gets harder and harder as you get older and body aches keep you from working out the way you once could.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
GatorBart;n260002 said:
Get that weight under control Crete. Also, go see a doctor about getting an Electronic Beam Tomography (EBT) scan (tells how much plague you have in your arteries) and some blood work done. Luckily I've always been thin (6'2" ~200lbs), but I got bad genes so I quit eating bread about a year ago (and reducing my portions) and lost 25 pounds that I didn't think I had to lose. Basically lost what I thought was my beer gut, but was actually a bread gut. I still drink beer - can't give that up.

Thanks Bart. I'll be the first to admit my diet sucks. Way too many processed carbs and bread. Funny thing is I always drink lite beer and diet soda but I'm hearing a lot of people say that stuff is just as bad or worse than the regular stuff....

GatorBart

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n260009 said:
Thanks Bart. I'll be the first to admit my diet sucks. Way too many processed carbs and bread. Funny thing is I always drink lite beer and diet soda but I'm hearing a lot of people say that stuff is just as bad or worse than the regular stuff....
Get some will power and keep it - give that crap up. Do it for your kids and everybody else that cares about you. You don't have to go cold turkey - start slow and make it habit/routine to not eat that stuff. I still eat bread and other foods that aren't so good for me on occasion - you still gotta enjoy the finer things in life, like a double bacon cheese burger with fries every once in a while.
Yeah, when I see somebody eating a Big Mac and drinking a 56-oz. diet soda, I just gotta wonder. I gave up sodas too, BTW. I'll give up anything but beer and weed.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Happy Birthday Concrete
I hope you are doing as well as I am when you're my age. I'm 45 and I'm in better shape than when I was in school. I'm 6'4" of rock hard rippling muscle. I'm up at 4 every morning and run 5 miles before my wheat germ and kale breakfast smoothie. One thing you have to look forward to as you get older is the incredible sex. It seems the younger chicks just have to step up when they need something better than they get at home. I guess I've been lucky cause ol #9 never fails to answer reveille ;).

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator