Birthday Happy Birthday Gator515151!

Gator515151

2018 Pick 'Em Champ
Aug 16, 2018
I need a real explanation of the numerical signifcance one day but Happy Birthday
5151-eyecatch.jpg
The significance of 515151? Back in 2002 I was registering for that other Gator web site. My birthday being 5-1 I tried Gator51 as a user name but that name was taken. So I tried Gator5151 because I was born on 5-1-51. Gator5151 too was taken. I was 51 years old at the time so the next logical thing that came to mind was to add another 51, thus the first two stand for 5/1/51 and the last 51 was my age at the time.

Gator515151

2018 Pick 'Em Champ
Aug 16, 2018
Now for why I did not acknowledge this thread yesterday. It is a superstition thing. My wifes Mother, Father and Brother all died in separate years on my birthday. From time to time we don't acknowledge my birthday until the next day.

EDIT....OK I can't lie to you I just didn't see this thread yesterday, probably would have posted to it. The story is true though we tend to not celebrate until late in the evening when we are pretty sure nobody has died. Just don't want to have another celebration interupted by bad news.

Last edited:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Now for why I did not acknowledge this thread yesterday. It is a superstition thing. My wifes Mother, Father and Brother all died in separate years on my birthday. From time to time we don't acknowledge my birthday until the next day.

EDIT....OK I can't lie to you I just didn't see this thread yesterday, probably would have posted to it. The story is true though we tend to not celebrate until late in the evening when we are pretty sure nobody has died. Just don't want to have another celebration interupted by bad news.
Yikes. I think that would make anyone paranoid on their birthday.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member

Man, that's rough. I had about a 5 year period where I was the same way. It was like clockwork, every year on my bday something bad would happen. Not like someone i was close with died, though, thats awful, but for me at the time, it always sucked.

18 - engine in vehicle blew and was stranded on a remote hwy without a phone
19 - found out g/f was cheating when she wrote an email to the dude but accidentally sent it to me
20 - got a concussion
21 - spent morning in hospital with kidney stones, then after getting released that afternoon, the friends that came for a bday get together I had planned all bailed on me for another party b/c I wasn't physically able to drink.
22 - g/f and I went to outback for dinner, she dumped me over the cheese fries and bailed; found out 3 days later she was screwing around with her roommates boyfriend.

By 23 I avoided acknowledging the day like the plague and my friends knew not to say anything to me until after it was over. Had a couple of uneventful years in mid 20s that I attributed to avoidance and lack of acknowledgement. Then got married, had a good bday that year actually, deployed a year later, and right around the 6 month mark while overseas my friend handed me photos of my now ex-wife sitting on a dude's lap in a bar. It was the day after my bday, but they were taken by someone and posted the day prior, when my buddy found them online. I immediately went back to avoiding my birthday :lol:

It wasn't until my early 30s before the curse seemed to wear off, but I still dont care for birthdays. But to end on a high note, my current wife is infinitely better than the old one. And about that girl that dumped me over the cheese fries and started screwing her roomies b/f... well, her roomie (who was a good bit sexier than she was) came to me for a shoulder to cry on because we both found out at the same time. Needless to say I got over the g/f in a manner of hours :grin:

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Have an awesome BD or Post BD.
th

Sorry to hear about losing loved ones..that seems to be more coomon than you think...People passing on significant dates...Like Christmas, New Years, BD, etc.

In any event we love ya, love the Gators...OX not so much.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Man, that's rough. I had about a 5 year period where I was the same way. It was like clockwork, every year on my bday something bad would happen. Not like someone i was close with died, though, thats awful, but for me at the time, it always sucked.

19 - found out g/f was cheating when she wrote an email to the dude but accidentally sent it to me
20 - got a concussion
21 - spent morning in hospital with kidney stones, then after getting released that afternoon, the friends that came for a bday get together I had planned all bailed on me for another party b/c I wasn't physically able to drink.
22 - g/f and I went to outback for dinner, she dumped me over the cheese fries and bailed; found out 3 days later she was screwing around with her roommates boyfriend.

By 23 I avoided acknowledging the day like the plague and my friends knew not to say anything to me until after it was over. Had a couple of uneventful years in mid 20s that I attributed to avoidance and lack of acknowledgement. Then got married, had a good bday that year actually, deployed a year later, and right around the 6 month mark while overseas my friend handed me photos of my now ex-wife sitting on a dude's lap in a bar. It was the day after my bday, but they were taken by someone and posted the day prior, when my buddy found them online. I immediately went back to avoiding my birthday :lol:

It wasn't until my early 30s before the curse seemed to wear off, but I still dont care for birthdays. But to end on a high note, my current wife is infinitely better than the old one. And about that girl that dumped me over the cheese fries and started screwing her roomies b/f... well, her roomie (who was a good bit sexier than she was) came to me for a shoulder to cry on because we both found out at the same time. Needless to say I got over the g/f in a manner of hours :grin:

Oooooof!

Gator515151

2018 Pick 'Em Champ
Aug 16, 2018

20 - got a concussion

My father in law passed May 1 1977 after a long hard battle with cancer. It was no surprise, we visited him the night before and he said at that time he had given up. My brother in law was a punk thug who treated his sister like ****. He was killed in a burglary some time in the early 80s. Jeanie never shed a tear over her brother although the timing was a bit of a shock. My mother in law was the one that effected the wife most, they were very close. She had surgery the morning of my birthday, we visited her that afternoon and she was doing fine. Then while out to dinner that evening we got the word she had suddenly died. It's been a few years now so things aren't so bad but for a couple of years birthdays weren't a fun day.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
My father in law passed May 1 1977 after a long hard battle with cancer. It was no surprise, we visited him the night before and he said at that time he had given up. My brother in law was a punk thug who treated his sister like ****. He was killed in a burglary some time in the early 80s. Jeanie never shed a tear over her brother although the timing was a bit of a shock. My mother in law was the one that effected the wife most, they were very close. She had surgery the morning of my birthday, we visited her that afternoon and she was doing fine. Then while out to dinner that evening we got the word she had suddenly died. It's been a few years now so things aren't so bad but for a couple of years birthdays weren't a fun day.
im sorry to hear that man, but you can at least take solace in the fact that your bad luck hasnt carried over to gatorchatter pickem :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.