Happy Father's Day!

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks @LaylaGator , it is mighty nice to get some kind wishes. Me and my bunch had a great day. Steaks on the grill (from the last steer we processed) and all the trimmings. Topped off with a homemade peach cobbler made by the missus. After a short nap, my son and I played 18. First time I had played in 3 months and was able to break 80, but the best part was spending the afternoon and evening with my son. We started watching the baseball game on the back nine and finished it up at the house. A Gator win, even though it was a bit of a thriller, was a great way to cap the day off. I’m blessed more than I deserve.

Hated Father’s Day growing up. No father from the age of 4 on. It sucked growing up in that situation, but there were two great things that came of it: first, my granddaddy picked up the slack and got me ready for manhood; and second, I made sure my kids had better in this regard than I did and my wife better than my mama. I’m not a perfect father or husband by any means, but I learned the primary need of being there to lead as well as support and to receive love as well as give it (one can be as hard as the other). So I’ve come full circle and enjoy the time we spend together as much as anything and count it as one of the best things about my adult life.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Thanks @LaylaGator , it is mighty nice to get some kind wishes. Me and my bunch had a great day. Steaks on the grill (from the last steer we processed) and all the trimmings. Topped off with a homemade peach cobbler made by the missus. After a short nap, my son and I played 18. First time I had played in 3 months and was able to break 80, but the best part was spending the afternoon and evening with my son. We started watching the baseball game on the back nine and finished it up at the house. A Gator win, even though it was a bit of a thriller, was a great way to cap the day off. I’m blessed more than I deserve.

Hated Father’s Day growing up. No father from the age of 4 on. It sucked growing up in that situation, but there were two great things that came of it: first, my granddaddy picked up the slack and got me ready for manhood; and second, I made sure my kids had better in this regard than I did and my wife better than my mama. I’m not a perfect father or husband by any means, but I learned the primary need of being there to lead as well as support and to receive love as well as give it (one can be as hard as the other). So I’ve come full circle and enjoy the time we spend together as much as anything and count it as one of the best things about my adult life.

Well… I got a couple of text messages, so … there’s that.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Well… I got a couple of text messages, so … there’s that.
Unfair advantage. Daughter lives next door in the in-laws’ house and son lives in the next house down the road. About 1/4 mile. They might not always think it, but mama and I are glad to have them close by.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014

:fistbump:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.