Happy Father's Day!

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks, oh wonderful Layla. It's a tough job, but somebody's got to do it.

Last edited:

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Thanks, Casey. It's a tough job, but somebody's got to do it.
nathan fillion castle GIF

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Dads

We all have a dad. Somewhere or deceased. Some of us were lucky and had fathers that filled the role and gave us good things to live by. Others were not so good or even there. The job of being a parent cannot be understated or more important. WHen you observe children for four decades you can see the impact that parenting makes, either good or bad. Ideally, kids have two of them. Single parenting has to be the most difficult job on earth. Nowadays some children may have two dads or two moms. Most importantly is having parent(s) that love the child and support the kid through life’s obstacles growing into adulthood.

I was extremely lucky to have my dad. It became more apparent when I discovered two of my best friends had their fathers for a very short amount of time. Dad was born in 1930 so he met Civil War and WW1 vets. He was the youngest so maybe spoiled somewhat. And the only son as his older brother died when he was 2 yrs old. He always worked at something and finally realized his dream of owning a marina for fishermen to visit for bait, tackle, gas and whatever other fishing stuff he could sell them. THis was close to his favorite fishing areas. I can still hear my dad answer the phone with either, “Tell me a story” or “What have you done right?” And then we discussed my work or the Gators or fishing, who he talked to on the phone or what he cooked last night.

To his last year on earth he still referred to his parents as momma and daddy. He will always be my daddy. He was always there when I needed him and taught me how to work hard, be independent (still working on that) and be there for friends and family.
Today I'm gonna meet a dad we recently found out about. His name is Russell and he is the grandfather to my two youngest kids. And like the grandfather to my oldest two he is a veteran of a war. And was written about in a book about that war. The book with Russell in it is fascinating and if mostly fact we are lucky he is still with us.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm on strike and identifying as my kids' lesbian mother today. It's my right dammit!

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
what's up with these guys calling and texting me Happy Father's Day who AREN'T my sons ?? they better not call on their birthday looking for a present !!

and for you fellas (<-- that's right, i went there with a fella :tongue:) that donated sperm, have a wonderful day

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks,,,,,, when is Tranny Day? Asking for a Friend....

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.