Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
G 2;n135312 said:
No kidding. Is he a good coach? Of course. But at Stanford he went:

2007: 4-8
2008: 5-7
2009: 8-5
2010: 12-1

Those numbers are Muschampesque. He is certainly better than Muschamp but I highly doubt he'll be making Meyer his bitch.

There is no comparison between what Muschamp and Harbaugh did at UF and Stanford. Stanford doesn't have near the resources that UF has and also deals with tougher academic standards than UF. Stanford was 1-11 the year before Harbaugh took over and 16-40 in the 5 years before he came on board. Basically Stanford was a dead program. They improved in the W/L column each year under Harbaugh. Offensively they scored points under Harbaugh. In 2010, they scored 31 points or more in 12 of their 13 games. Under Muschamp, Florida didn't improve in the W/L column each year. This was a Florida program that won 2 National Titles in the 5 years before Muschamp took over. Also, I would guess that Florida didn't score 31 or more points in a game 12 times in Muschamp's entire 4 season tenure, much less in one season like Harbaugh did. There was nothing Muschampesque whatsoever about Harbaugh's time at Stanford.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
G 2;n135312 said:
No kidding. Is he a good coach? Of course. But at Stanford he went:

2007: 4-8
2008: 5-7
2009: 8-5
2010: 12-1

Those numbers are Muschampesque. He is certainly better than Muschamp but I highly doubt he'll be making Meyer his bitch.

Gotta disagree. I think he would Bamatize Meyer at OSU. He would shut that spread down and cram the ball down Urban's finesse teams throats.

Yes, he would own Urban.

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorInGeorgia;n135489 said:
There is no comparison between what Muschamp and Harbaugh did at UF and Stanford. Stanford doesn't have near the resources that UF has and also deals with tougher academic standards than UF. Stanford was 1-11 the year before Harbaugh took over and 16-40 in the 5 years before he came on board. Basically Stanford was a dead program. They improved in the W/L column each year under Harbaugh. Offensively they scored points under Harbaugh. In 2010, they scored 31 points or more in 12 of their 13 games. Under Muschamp, Florida didn't improve in the W/L column each year. This was a Florida program that won 2 National Titles in the 5 years before Muschamp took over. Also, I would guess that Florida didn't score 31 or more points in a game 12 times in Muschamp's entire 4 season tenure, much less in one season like Harbaugh did. There was nothing Muschampesque whatsoever about Harbaugh's time at Stanford.

I made it pretty clear he was better than Muschamp. Obviously he didn't coach at Florida, but don't forget he wasn't coaching in the SEC either.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
G 2;n135491 said:
I made it pretty clear he was better than Muschamp. Obviously he didn't coach at Florida, but don't forget he wasn't coaching in the SEC either.

Well you did say the numbers were Muschampesque so you didn't make it very clear as to how much better you think he is compared to Muschamp.

As far as not coaching in the SEC, I haven't forgotten that he didn't coach n this league. I also realize that he didn't lose at home to a 1-AA school, didn't lose on homecoming to a perineal league doormat and in general didn't take a consistent contender and run them into the ground in a few years.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
If there was ever a time for Harbaugh to bolt it would be now. But not sure Meatchicken is the place to go even for one fo their own.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@MikeGarafolo: Per @JayGlazer, "keep an eye on the Bears" for Jim Harbaugh.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;n135773 said:
@MikeGarafolo: Per @JayGlazer, "keep an eye on the Bears" for Jim Harbaugh.

That would be a good fit...if they can find a QB.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n135768 said:
Embarrassing
Still standing alone at the altar with 48 million in her hand?

Gator Wray

Big Member
Nov 21, 2014
MJMGator;n135380 said:
ESPN is reporting that he's considering the offer and is torn on what to do. Says his friends and family are pushing him to take the Michigan job, but he wants to see what NFL jobs come available. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.

Auburn’s Gus Malzahn are garnering interest from NFL teams.

Gator Wray

Big Member
Nov 21, 2014
MJMGator;n135380 said:
ESPN is reporting that he's considering the offer and is torn on what to do. Says his friends and family are pushing him to take the Michigan job, but he wants to see what NFL jobs come available. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.

Auburn’s Gus Malzahn is garnering interest from NFL teams.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Wray;n135920 said:

It would be nice if he left. That would help us out recruiting wise but I doubt he makes the jump

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Wray;n135920 said:

That would be SOOOOOOOOOOOO funny.

Has anyone ever been fired before coaching a single game? :chimp:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n136019 said:

What would be funny would be Malzahn leaving suddenly and Auburn making Muschamp the Head Coach. I ran this past my Auburn-fans side of the family and they all screamed in horror. :lol:

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n136021 said:
What would be funny would be Malzahn leaving suddenly and Auburn making Muschamp the Head Coach. I ran this past my Auburn-fans side of the family and they all screamed in horror. :lol:

If this happened I would literally ROFLMAO.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n136019 said:

Mike Price, George O'Leary, and that guy who got hired by Pitt but was fired a few weeks later because he was arrested for domestic abuse.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n136038 said:
Mike Price, George O'Leary, and that guy who got hired by Pitt but was fired a few weeks later because he was arrested for domestic abuse.
Carnac says, "What is a drunk, a skunk, and a punk?":lol:

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n136021 said:

Please let this happen.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This surprises me....

Per football scoop:
Multiple college sources tell us that if Harbaugh winds up choosing to go to Michigan, Florida defensive coordinator DJ Durkin is likely to join him; if not, perhaps Texas A&M is where Durkin will wind up; but that remains to be seen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator