Hardest Schedule in the Country!

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
But, his 3rd season schedule was nothing like Billy's.

Neither was his talent level. And as Douglas said, if Napier had shown anything of promise in years 1 and/or 2, year 3 wouldn’t mean as much and a pass, within reason, might even be called for. As it is, he has bombed the whole way leading up to this point and now finds himself rounding the corner at FA Blvd and heading down FO Drive.

Part of me still hopes it works out. But either way, it’s totally on him.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
In 2006 UF had the hardest strength of schedule, in 2008 had the second hardest strength of schedule.... were fans complaining about the schedule then?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Well done production.

I found the right clip...
Fire This Is Fine GIF by MOODMAN

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
We keep admiring what Jedd Fisch has done in taking over the train wreck that was Arizona, but the fact is his record was far worse in his first two years than Billy: 6-18. However, it was his third season where he made the big leap. The third season is when any coach worth a sh!t should see a big leap. That should be the expectation from Billy's bosses. If they don't see it, it ain't gonna happen.
i agree with you on this, but historically year 3 is where great coaches, even national champ coaches usually take a bit of a dip. tough to dip much farther than year 1 or 2 but i have faith billy can do it!

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I said it earlier in this tread and I'm sticking to it...
We go 8-4 w/a winless November and it's gonna suck because going into November everyone will be riding high and then at the end of November everyone will be staunchly, back in the corner of "FIRE HIM"!
Yet, an 8-4 year with our schedule will easily get him another year.
unfortunately none of that will happen b/c hes gonna be 1-4 or 5 and sent packing.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
the pump excuses are already showing up in this thread... "well of course he won less games than last year, tHe sChedULe iS HaRdeR" :tard:

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Neither was his talent level. And as Douglas said, if Napier had shown anything of promise in years 1 and/or 2, year 3 wouldn’t mean as much and a pass, within reason, might even be called for. As it is, he has bombed the whole way leading up to this point and now finds himself rounding the corner at FA Blvd and heading down FO Drive.

Part of me still hopes it works out. But either way, it’s totally on him.
Exactly. Name one time he over-achieved with a game plan and produced an unexpected victory. Maybe Tenerc this year, but that's all I can think of. I need to see an upside surprise at least every once in a while to keep the faith.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Bama's is easier

Here’s the full 2024 schedule:

Aug. 31 — Western Kentucky
Sept. 7 — South Florida

Sept. 14 — at Wisconsin
Sept. 21 — OPEN
Sept. 28 — Georgia
Oct. 5 — at Vanderbilt
Oct. 12 — South Carolina
Oct. 19 — at Tennessee
Oct. 26 — Missouri
Nov. 2 — OPEN
Nov. 9 — at LSU
Nov. 16 — Mercer
Nov. 23 — at Oklahoma
Nov. 30 — Auburn
I remember when Florida used to have 2 easy games to start the year.

Good times.

And that schedule indicates, to me, that Alabama's AD is looking out for their money maker. They have "3 wins", before an off week, before their toughest opponent. Smart.

And then they get another easy opponent after UGA to heal up and get ready for the back half of their schedule.

And then another off week wisely positioned before LSU.
Think About It GIF by Identity

Lurker

Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Florida would be 9-3 with that schedule.
Some coaches are good for 1 to 2 wins a year based on their coaching acumen. Napier seems to be good for 1 to 2 losses. Yes, he outreached Josh Huepel and Shane Beamer. But that says more about Huepel and Beamer than it does Napier.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Some coaches are good for 1 to 2 wins a year based on their coaching acumen. Napier seems to be good for 1 to 2 losses. Yes, he outreached Josh Huepel and Shane Beamer. But that says more about Huepel and Beamer than it does Napier.
Napier is about -4. A semicompetent coach would win 9-10 with this roster and schedule. Only three teams had clearly better talent.

Next year it is more like 8-4, so... about 3-4 wins for Slingblade.

Last edited:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Exactly. Name one time he over-achieved with a game plan and produced an unexpected victory. Maybe Tenerc this year, but that's all I can think of. I need to see an upside surprise at least every once in a while to keep the faith.
This X1000....The guy takes one step forward in one area then 2 steps backward in another and I don't see the puzzle ever being completed when he throws the pieces away because he can't make them fit....
Angry Season 3 GIF by The Simpsons

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
The voles had an atrocious game plan against us. They somehow thought they would be better defending the pass than the run. They adjusted at halftime but it was too late and they couldn’t overcome the deficit.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Even Finebaum agrees that UF has the toughest schedule next year. He expressed his thoughts in an interesting way. My take on his perspective is, UF's schedule will be the toughest because UF will be that bad and if they were a better team then maybe the schedule wouldn't be as dauntingly tough... :dunno:
Look, Florida unfortunately sucks. But Finebaum is a tool. I have no idea how such a bama Homer can pass himself off as an “SEC” commentator.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Fook Lipbaum. Absolute asshat of a a Vol Alum and a Bammer homer. He is very much deserving of a .......

Bad Santa Pain GIF by Sky

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
Look, Florida unfortunately sucks. But Finebaum is a tool. I have no idea how such a bama Homer can pass himself off as an “SEC” commentator.
I agree about Finebaum... I can't stand him personally and as a Bama fan, I am so thankful that he is actually a Vol alum. And all he had to do to pass himself off as an SEC commentator was to convince a certain few individuals who are obviously easily convinced...

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I agree about Finebaum... I can't stand him personally and as a Bama fan, I am so thankful that he is actually a Vol alum. And all he had to do to pass himself off as an SEC commentator was to convince a certain few individuals who are obviously easily convinced...
He may be a Vol but he sleeps with Saban.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
I was a Napier pumper. Pretty much lost me this season. The door isn't closed for me but its getting close and I will be probably kicking it shut next wednesday but he still has a small crack. Its the SEC and its always a tough schedule. The years we won a natty we had arguably the toughest schedule in the country each time. I dont want to hear about a tough schedule. This years schedule was pretty tough but I watched every game and I saw losses we should have won. 8-4 was an easy get this year and 9-3 quite possible. Next year aint much different considering the first 7 games there are teams we have consistently out recuited and the aTm has to travel with new coaching staff. I dont want to hear about toughest schedule. Most of the OL is returning and we got some really good young skill players. ETN is a huge loss but Montrell is really good (I know...we like ETN better...but Johnson is pretty good) and Webb looked good in limited time he played.

Had we won like we should have this year this recruiting class would probably be holding together a lot better than it is. With ETN leaving there should be a lot of NIL $ freed up. Nothing but excuses at this point. Door is shutting so time for passes is gone.

g8r.tom

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2017
I was a Napier pumper. Pretty much lost me this season. The door isn't closed for me but its getting close and I will be probably kicking it shut next wednesday but he still has a small crack. Its the SEC and its always a tough schedule. The years we won a natty we had arguably the toughest schedule in the country each time. I dont want to hear about a tough schedule. This years schedule was pretty tough but I watched every game and I saw losses we should have won. 8-4 was an easy get this year and 9-3 quite possible. Next year aint much different considering the first 7 games there are teams we have consistently out recuited and the aTm has to travel with new coaching staff. I dont want to hear about toughest schedule. Most of the OL is returning and we got some really good young skill players. ETN is a huge loss but Montrell is really good (I know...we like ETN better...but Johnson is pretty good) and Webb looked good in limited time he played.

Had we won like we should have this year this recruiting class would probably be holding together a lot better than it is. With ETN leaving there should be a lot of NIL $ freed up. Nothing but excuses at this point. Door is shutting so time for passes is gone.

I wish I could like this more than once. There is pretty much how I have felt and feel now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator