Hardest Schedule in the Country!

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
After watching UCF tank against GT, I’m calling that a win next year.

They didn’t look good against Tech and they show as having 7 RS SRs or SR transfers on offense and 5 more on defense.

Attachments

• IMG_4175.jpeg
    IMG_4175.jpeg
    46.5 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_4176.jpeg
    IMG_4176.jpeg
    47.1 KB · Views: 12

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Florida State is set to lose 14 Starters to the draft.

I’m calling that a win for the good guys.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
After watching UCF tank against GT, I’m calling that a win next year.

They didn’t look good against Tech and they show as having 7 RS SRs or SR transfers on offense and 5 more on defense.
You know GT is a bowl eligible team, right?

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
How anyone can pretend to know how the schedule will actually be is beyond me. Every team is completely different every year. Who cares what they were this year? TCU this year? ATM just lost almost everyone of their top recruits the past two years? Clown U rebuilt their entire roster through the portal and went undefeated. Lame Kitten shows you can be good every year by just recruiting the portal and taking a few HS guys who were back up plans for the top schools. And lastly coaching matters big time with teams turning over greatly each year. I have confidence that some coaches can succeed with this. So far no evidence that Billy Taggert can do that.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Excuse GIF by MOODMAN

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
I know I've put something similar hear and versions on twitter, but no reason not to be 6-1 at worst going into Jax.

Let's do it:
Miami (Home game, Can't lost to FSU/UM back to back home games, Cristobal has been touted as a worse coach, also in year 3, oh and the 1-7 against rivals thing, new QB 1)
Samford (Seriously, only like 3 people here, but like 300 on twitter, would argue losing this game isn't a fireable offense)
aTm (turnover, coaching turnover, first SEC and road game for A&M, I know people act like this school is Bama and get pissed Georgia doesn't play a generally 8-4 average team and I don't understand it)
at MSU (3 head coaches, 3 drastically different offensive schemes new QB 2)
UCF (under NO circumstances if the coach is a long term coach at UF should this be a worry, new starting QB 3)
at UT (only loss I'd accept, away, conference game, but there is the whole 1-7 against rivals thing, new starting QB 4)
UK (factually, not with theory or argument, factually tell me how 0-3 against UK would indicate a program on the rise, don't tell me about the portal, same players were available and we didn't get them, new starting QB 5)

BYE

UGA (If its a loss, it is a loss, but being blown out for the 3rd straight year wouldn't be it, if Carolina can keep it close and Auburn can have the lead in the 4th, no reason we can't avoid being blown out in year 3 of a coach, the whole 1-7 against rivals thing)
at Texas (game after UGA, before LSU, the trap game situation I described for Arky before the season, but now on the road)
LSU (major turnover at LSU, losing Heisman QB among others, at home, 0-3 to start against LSU isn't good, that whole 1-7 against rivals thing, new QB 6)
Ole Miss (they have the same portal access we do, I hear Kiffen is an awful coach from a great # of Gators, therefore, no reason to lose this if you're a serious program, if they had a great coach, if not elite, maybe I'd feel ok, but the standard has been set)
at FSU (major turnover, same portal access, we've out recruited them in HS, the 1-7 against rivals thing and new QB 7, can't tell me 0-3 against FSU indicates future success, sorry).

I know many will disagree, and I know Donk will talk about how we've made first year QB's look great for years, and that's true, but I've heard the reason we that 77+% of our completions were 9 yards or less was because it was a QB's first year starting at the school. I only apply the logic others have given.

Seriously, if we had the typical year 2 jump all great programs show under the great head coaches (Clemson was the anomaly in year 3), we'd be penciling in 7-0 and probably LSU/FSU with hope of stealing 1 of 3 against UT, UGA, and OM. However, we looked rough. Year 3 will tell the tale and I do not think 7-6 is enough to warrant a year 4. I've detailed everything we're losing roster wise before. Basically, year 4 is a new starting QB (see the QB logic given above), new OL, new starting RB's, some D turnover, and that's before we finish with the portal for good and bad.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Florida State is set to lose 14 Starters to the draft.

I’m calling that a win for the good guys.
Two things, their portal players could be as good this year as those they played last season; Their having so many drafted helps their recruiting going forward.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
There is a very obvious reason we wont be 6-1 ever under this regime. We cant score many points and we cant keep the other team from scoring lots of points.
I think my comment was more about the bar people have set based on their commentary regarding everything I put. But...goalposts will move, you know that.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I will be over the moon happy if Bama finishes next season at 9-3. Especially after the GOAT retired, hiring a new coach, and losing ~30 top players to the portal...
I hear losing that many players causes a team to lose to georgia by 60 points :whistle:

Zodiac

Jul 19, 2016
We're playing against just one guy, Sam Ford, and we're still calling this the toughest schedule in the nation. Thanks Billy Boy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator