Help....where is my Orange and Brew?

Gator charm

Founding Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Alum, and ticket holder since 69. I always loved ending up at the OB on my way to the swamp. Last year, I went to the first 2 games, missed the OB so much, got sick and then had my adult kids represent. I got an email a year ago saying the Brew would be reopening. Now I hear it's gone forever. Well that is BS to this legacy season ticket holder. I now have to drive and park at the conference center. Can't deal with the tail gate. Where is a watering hole on campus? Help a old gator out. hopefully coach dawg didn't change the brew? Just joking but hopefully people running the show means traditions mean something. Losing the OB takes a big one away.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I thought the Orange & Brew disappeared years ago. My suggestion for a drink on campus....find a big tailgate and be friendly, someone will probably offer you a drink. Otherwise, hit up University Avenue.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, it's gone the way of the Rathskeller. I loved both of those places. I used to go there to get a sandwich and a pitcher of beer on my freshman meal plan. I guess they don't have anyplace on campus that serves alcohol anymore. Sad.

JC_Gator

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
It has been closed for awhile I think, but they are reopening it with the renovations in the reitz.
makeitreitz.com

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I thought gator charm was asian for a second

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
My band played both the Rat and the O&B when I was there. It's the only place I've ever seen Schlitz dark on tap. That beer was excellent, believe it or not.

particularg8r

Aug 6, 2014
This is from a week or so ago. It's not a hole in the ground anymore, but they haven't finished the bare steel either. No Orange and Brew this season.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I haven't heard either of these names in years. I know I've been to the OB, but for some reason I just can't picture it. The Rat was where we would always go to watch Monday Night Football during my sophomore year, primarily, I think, because they had a draught beer special on Monday nights. Fun times, although it's becoming a bit of a fading memory. :-(

particularg8r

Aug 6, 2014
PastyStoole said:
My band played both the Rat and the O&B when I was there. It's the only place I've ever seen Schlitz dark on tap. That beer was excellent, believe it or not.
I'll second that on the Schlitz dark. I think that was the first dark beer I'd ever seen much less tasted.

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
PastyStoole said:
Jesus I haven't seen Schlitz dark in 20 years, they still make it?

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n31999]I haven't heard either of these names in years. I know I've been to the OB, but for some reason I just can't picture it. The Rat was where we would always go to watch Monday Night Football during my sophomore year, primarily, I think, because they had a draught beer special on Monday nights. Fun times, although it's becoming a bit of a fading memory. :-([/QUOTE]
The O&B was in the Reitz Union.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator said:
hahahahaha+_cb33d86e7ca078c76e3975c045328ae6.gif

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator said:
This has got to be a new emote

divits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
PastyStoole said:
Wow. That's so funny that you remembered the Schlitz dark. That's what we would always get. I think it was 2 bucks a pitcher and a buck fifty at happy hour. My parents had no idea that 50% of my meal plan went for beer.

It's probably before your time, but did you know John Campbell who was the DJ at the Rat? He's a good friend of mine and a state senator in Vermont now.

divits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
PastyStoole said:
[QUOTE='78;n31999]I haven't heard either of these names in years. I know I've been to the OB, but for some reason I just can't picture it. The Rat was where we would always go to watch Monday Night Football during my sophomore year, primarily, I think, because they had a draught beer special on Monday nights. Fun times, although it's becoming a bit of a fading memory. :-(
The O&B was in the Reitz Union.[/quote]It was downstairs kind of across from the bowling alley (is that still there?). It was always real dark inside which would make walking out into the sunshine, totally blotto from happy hour, that much more blinding.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
PastyStoole said:
[QUOTE='78;n31999]I haven't heard either of these names in years. I know I've been to the OB, but for some reason I just can't picture it. The Rat was where we would always go to watch Monday Night Football during my sophomore year, primarily, I think, because they had a draught beer special on Monday nights. Fun times, although it's becoming a bit of a fading memory. :-(
The O&B was in the Reitz Union.[/quote]Bowling alley is still there.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I shot one hell of a lot of pool at Reitz in the early 90's. I can remember filling up that jukebox.

HogtownGator

It's Great to be a CCW
Aug 8, 2014
While the Rat burned down about '87 or '88, Bernie Machen came in and curbed on-campus alcohol. A teetotaler from Utah . . . whodathunk?

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
divits said:
Yeah, it's gone the way of the Rathskeller. I loved both of those places. I used to go there to get a sandwich and a pitcher of beer on my freshman meal plan. I guess they don't have anyplace on campus that serves alcohol anymore. Sad.
The Rat! Freshman meal plan in '82 and then it burned... I lived right next door in Murphree\Sledd.
What's there today?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator