Hobbies ... what do you enjoy besides football?

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I play with trucks too but they are full sized.

Before I started the truck thing I was into golf. I finally hit an even par 72 and promptly hung up the clubs. Now I play maybe once or twice a year.

When I was in the Marines I played guitar in a band, mostly rock cover songs. I sang lead vocals on about a third of our sets.

Other than trucks I spend a lot of time helping my wife on projects around the house. We like to take old things like doors or cabinets or wrought iron and turn them into functional art.

Damn donkeys. Too bad you couldnt mount a 50 cal on the top.

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Before I started the truck thing I was into golf. I finally hit an even par 72 and promptly hung up the clubs. Now I play maybe once or twice a year.

When I was in the Marines I played guitar in a band, mostly rock cover songs. I sang lead vocals on about a third of our sets.

Other than trucks I spend a lot of time helping my wife on projects around the house. We like to take old things like doors or cabinets or wrought iron and turn them into functional art.

that's really cool Zambo, and thank you for your service to our country.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member

Thanks for your service monkey! Didnt know you were a devil dog. Semper Fidelis my furry friend! :fistbump:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
giphy.gif

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
whotf has time for a hobby? I read a lot. Used to fish a lot. Younger days ran miles and miles and played LOTS of basketball at the old Littlewood courts on 8th ave. Fishing went from fresh water (fished in club) to salt water in shore (around Suwannee) to offshore when we got the big boat. Now we fish inshore again.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
whotf has time for a hobby? I read a lot. Used to fish a lot. Younger days ran miles and miles and played LOTS of basketball at the old Littlewood courts on 8th ave. Fishing went from fresh water (fished in club) to salt water in shore (around Suwannee) to offshore when we got the big boat. Now we fish inshore again.
I played on those BB courts from about 1987-1990. :fistbump:

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
whotf has time for a hobby?

I understand your point actually. Full time job. Kids in elementary school. All the after school stuff. Homework. Dinner. Clean the house. Mow the grass. It never ****ing ends.

I think that is why my brain will stop on something and obsess about it. The health obsession is convenient, because it is simply something to manage throughout the day. For running, it is brute will. Kids go down, all my chores are done, I'm ready for tomorrow.... I'll go outside and run at 8:45. I'll come in, stretch, quick shower.... and crawl right into bed. It pisses my wife off :lol:

But then I'll get these small, little side things stuck in my head and I wont stop until I reach perfection. Like shaving. Shaving for me has always been the most annoying thing imaginable. I hated it and did everything in my power to try to shortcut it. And then *poof* it changes. Why not embrace shaving. Let's try to turn it into an enjoyable event and do it to the best of my ability. I actually look forward to shaving now. For the experience.

I've been toying with the idea of doing it with coffee. You can get pretty extreme in your coffee making process. I havent jumped into that world yet.

heavychevy

water bottle holder
Sep 8, 2014
not much time for hobbies. I bbq stuff when I can, used to golf twice a week until recently, I just got to playing badly and it stopped being fun for me. I work 60 hrs/week on average so when I'm off I kinda just laze around and halfass some chores. I get a decent amount of vacation time so we usually go on a week or so trip every couple of months. we just went to Disney for the week in the camper. we're going on a few camping trips this year, back to Disney in October and few state parks in april and july. hopefully we'll get a few good river runs in the boat this summer, will be easier now that the youngest is starting to walk and doesn't need to be held every second.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

My wife swears by Jenn's Wine Shop in Carrollwood. Not sure if you've been there but they are really good at finding wines to match what you like.

If you don't have a wine shop, you should get one. A sommelier is a good one to have in your back pocket.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
My hobby's depend a lot on the time of the season. Besides the obvious in falltime I also do a lot of saltwater fishing, mostly nearshore and flats. I sold my flats boat a year or so back but I'm in the process of getting another between now and this summer. A few years back I had my six pack charter license and actually did some trips on Mosquito Lagoon where I've been chasing Redfish and Trout for about 20 years now.
My other hobby of late has been cars. I take Ruby, my 2015 Mustang GT Convertible to a few of the local shows in the area and Cars and Coffee events. I've found myself spending more time wanting to put more and more on the car so I guess I'm getting a bit moddicted as some would say. As of now I have added a Ford Racing Catback exhaust and a set of MRR 350 aftermarket wheels 19x10 in the front and 19x11 in the rear with a 275/325 set of staggered tires. Future mods are going to include a supercharger, once I make up my mind on which brand, lowering springs, upgraded driveshaft and half shafts to handle the extra power and maybe a few carbon fiber cosmetic pieces to finish it off. Here's a few pics before the next set of mods.
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
My hobby's depend a lot on the time of the season. Besides the obvious in falltime I also do a lot of saltwater fishing, mostly nearshore and flats. I sold my flats boat a year or so back but I'm in the process of getting another between now and this summer. A few years back I had my six pack charter license and actually did some trips on Mosquito Lagoon where I've been chasing Redfish and Trout for about 20 years now.
My other hobby of late has been cars. I take Ruby, my 2015 Mustang GT Convertible to a few of the local shows in the area and Cars and Coffee events. I've found myself spending more time wanting to put more and more on the car so I guess I'm getting a bit moddicted as some would say. As of now I have added a Ford Racing Catback exhaust and a set of MRR 350 aftermarket wheels 19x10 in the front and 19x11 in the rear with a 275/325 set of staggered tires. Future mods are going to include a supercharger, once I make up my mind on which brand, lowering springs, upgraded driveshaft and half shafts to handle the extra power and maybe a few carbon fiber cosmetic pieces to finish it off. Here's a few pics before the next set of mods.
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Sweet ride. I also have a 2015 Mustang GT, 2 actually.

but mine are in 1/25 scale..... :(

IMG_20150825_161225691_HDR.jpg IMG_20150825_161244431_HDR.jpg IMG_20151114_085357797_HDR.jpg IMG_20151114_085407262.jpg

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
I collect cats, bet on mall walkers, and make custom jewelry with my toe nail clippings and mail them to random people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator