Votes: 9 7.6%
  • Lose by 10 or more

Votes: 9 7.6%

• Total voters

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
I heard youre not allowed to bump old threads to attempt to embarass others.

I'm not sure it's a real rule though. And it doesn't seem to make the slightest sense for a board meant for entertainment purposes.

But I heard it once. I think. Maybe Im just old and remembering things poorly.

I remember.

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
Well we all have some posts out there we might like to recall. We have a bunch of alpha males and we tend to speak in a declarative manner.

And alpha males that don’t care any more.

Last edited:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I’m glad this was bumped. All 50k of us—the majority disinterested and sitting on their hands—really seemed like a home crowd with a 10 win season on the line. My 7 year old was the loudest in our section.

And just to add to the embarrassment that is our music disaster, at one point we started to play “Kickstart my heart”, only to have it end a few seconds into the intro.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I’m glad this was bumped. All 50k of us—the majority disinterested and sitting on their hands—really seemed like a home crowd with a 10 win season on the line. My 7 year old was the loudest in our section.

And just to add to the embarrassment that is our music disaster, at one point we started to play “Kickstart my heart”, only to have it end a few seconds into the intro.

It was only fair that I bump this again since I bumped it after we beat LSU lol

Circle City Gator

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Respectfully disagree. Mullen has this team playing average SEC football with Mac's average Mid America Conference players. With even average SEC players I think he could pull off a 9 win season, and with a good quarterback, even more.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

I think on tv I heard them play Jump Around after FFs td run, but I didn’t see anybody actually jumping.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
They play that song every game, and nobody ever jumps around. Wisconsin has that one locked down.
I found all the music between plays annoying AF. My 4 year old danced around to it when he wasn’t whacking me with his giant #1 foam finger.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017

I think on tv I heard them play Jump Around after FFs td run, but I didn’t see anybody actually jumping.

The stadium crowd was the worst I recall ever seeing for an SEC/non-Idaho like game. They really need to reconsider how many student seats we set aside. But, for this game everywhere was empty. It looked like a good orange-blue crowd on the east sidelines and the stadium music/band lack of involvement has become generic and nfl stadium like. If t was working to bring in a crowd, fine. But it’s not.

After FF’s TD run, I don’t think they even played the fight song. Straight to pumped in music followed after the extra point by a Wisconsin tradition - “jump around”. Even the Gator chomp is a rarity during games. The idea that college has more atmosphere did not play out yesterday or most of this season. While the LSU game was loud a few times even it was not the traditional swamp experience. As with Sofla, my 8 year old was by far the loudest in our section. My 10 year old who is more shy wouldn’t really yell because literally no one else around us was. This was about his 20th game and first he wouldn’t yell.

Last - I’m not sure there were 50,000 fans there. That the team mimicked the flat crowd isn’t surprising to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.