How about Dana Holgursen for new Head Coach?

B

Bar None Gator

Founding Member
Founding Member
Put Foley's comments aside about waiting for the end of the season. Why not this offensive minded coach? He took Bama to the house and with our horses would actually compete.

In my opinion, Florida has lost its offensive personality. We used to have the Fun N Gun and Urban had his spread offense. Bringing in this gunslinger would be exciting and possibly revive the dying program.

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
He's one option. But is he the kind of splashy hire we need to unite the fanbase?. Thats the rub with firing champ. Are there any slamdunk hires out there to replace him?
I just dont know

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Bar None Gator;n66832 said:
Put Foley's comments aside about waiting for the end of the season. Why not this offensive minded coach? He took Bama to the house and with our horses would actually compete.

In my opinion, Florida has lost its offensive personality. We used to have the Fun N Gun and Urban had his spread offense. Bringing in this gunslinger would be exciting and possibly revive the dying program.

From the Mumme and Leach coaching tree

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Can he recruit Florida? That is the real key to me. We need somebody who can keep the in-state talent coming to UF instead of going to FSU and other schools.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I have no sources, but I'm pretty sure he's a coke dealer.

460097_G.jpg

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n66854 said:

460097_G.jpg

well, did he learn the metal shed torture from Leach?

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe if this was 2011. He just isn't relevant anymore.

Gator charm

Founding Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Rather than make my usual sarcastic comment about our HBC, I am going to wait until after the UT game. I hope we win and we get the program moving the right way. I think we all agree that changing coaches again is not good.

But, in my heart I was appalled when we lost to Ga Southern and thought a change was a forgone conclusion.

Should we lose to UT, Roper needs to become interim and Foley needs a big name hire (think outside of the box) to enhance recruiting and unite Gator Nation. I don't know if that is Gruden, SOS coming back home, or other options. But, it need not be some unproven DC or a guy with an FSU or UGA decal on his rear window.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think Dana holgorsens team went 4~8 last year aswell. Plus they never run the ball. We do need a good offensive mind on our sidelines as hbc.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n66854 said:

460097_G.jpg

This just in. Outgoing packages from Reche Caldwell's home address were postmarked with W. Virginia address.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
ATXGator;n66846 said:
Can he recruit Florida? That is the real key to me. We need somebody who can keep the in-state talent coming to UF instead of going to FSU and other schools.

Agreeed! So do you think we can trade Texas for Strong? I hear that he is pissing a lot of the boosters off with all of the suspensions and drug tests.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
NCOGator;n66897 said:
Agreeed! So do you think we can trade Texas for Strong? I hear that he is pissing a lot of the boosters off with all of the suspensions and drug tests.

Funny... I haven't heard that at all... I get some people complaining because Texas has looked bad in a couple games, but overall most people realize he is cleaning up Mac Brown's mess.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
A right away winner using exciting mixture football would do wonders for recruiting. UF has top recruiting when
it has no HC/OC harming it. Right-away winning merely means we stomp pansies (games 1,2 &3), manhandle UT
and go well from there. Not hard with state of Florida top recruits. It is really difficult to show bad as UF football.
You've got to have toxins in the coaching & developing arena. None of the toxins that we've rid ourselves of have
corrected the failures that should be difficult to have in the first place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.