How do you really feel about next year?

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
That's all I was asking for. I know Treon was not a good Qb but if Nick Marshall and Gus Mal can have an offense with a crappy Qb then why couldn't Treon and Mac produce anything that resembled an offense. Marshall was not a good "qb" but got the job done in the sec

Meyer won a championship at OSU with a Qb that was not very good. Hell he was down to his 3rd string guy and was still winning so I guess you can turn **** into gold if your a good coach

:lmao2:

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Meyer won a championship at OSU with a Qb that was not very good. Hell he was down to his 3rd string guy and was still winning so I guess you can turn **** into gold if your a good coach
OSU's walk-on QB'S are better than the 5'8 dope smoking midget we had playing QB. BTW... Since you know so much about the position why didn't you go coach the m'fer?

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
Because all the defensive coordinators had six games of game tape to appropriately know his tendencies... or they didn't. Once they did, he appeared to be $hit. It's easy to be a flash in the pan without DC's having film on you.
OK coaches didn't have an game tape on Treon in Mac's system so what does it say about his offense?

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
If Nick Marshall can go 13-0 and win a Sec Championship as a Qb then it's possible. Treon came into college as a highly ranked player so he must have been an athletic person. You can't tell me there was absolutely nothing Mac could have changed to be Treon more effective, whether that be him running an option, wildcat, read option ect, he could have done something other than saying ok Treon I know we have a bad line and you can't read a defense but I want you to drop back and throw the ball anyway. There has been so many Qb's who were nobody and we're able to play because they ran a system. And someone brought up the LSU game and said he played a great game, if he was able to put that performance together then he's capable of doing it so it Mac's job to adjust when things are not going his way. Instead he kept doing the same thing. Everyone says who was behind him, there was someone who Mac brought in as a transfer as a Qb why did we bring him in if he didn't think he was even as good as treon? Oh because of depth it's important right. This is just another player that never belong on the field at UF but was let on the team by Mac. He continues to bring in players like this.
:banghead:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
OK coaches didn't have an game tape on Treon in Mac's system so what does it say about his offense?

So you are saying that Defensive coaches didn't have 6 games of film on Treon to see his personal tendencies even through he started 5 games as a Freshman? Tell Nav you are in his stash, because you are smoking something heavy.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
I shouldn't have to that's Mac job and he didn't do a very good job
So....in other words, u can't! Btw...Mac & Nuss both have a proven track records with QB's and 3 national titles (as oc's) combined. So if anything could of been done to make him successful it would have been. The offense was doing fine until he was inserted so if that doesn't explain what the problem was, nothing will!

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
More like
th

Sometimes I wonder if Ox pays you guys to keep debating the trolls.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Adjustments were most definitely made, sorry that you won't accept the fact that Treon is the worst QB to ever start at UF and the guys behind him were even worse.
Sorry but factually incorrect. Even as bad as be was, and without playing for a month, Harris through for more yards than Jeff Dipshytskel's best year.... And did so without singlehandedly giving the opposing team multiple TDs and Dipshytskel did every other game. Lets not forget Harris, as true freshman who wasnt even an early entrant outplaying 4th Dipshytskel head to head.

How quickly some of you forget Mr. 70 yards.

I will say that Donald Douglas and maybe Fat Dog were probably worse than Dipshytskel but its hard to say given the differences in offensive schemes.

Everyone will be looking forward to seeing another QB next year however.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The offense was doing fine until he was inserted so if that doesn't explain what the problem was, nothing will!
Yeah that 14 points vs Kintucky, 10/points vs Tinerc and 14 offensive points vs Mizzu were really lighting up the scoreboard. Felt like fun and gun days.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
If Nick Marshall can go 13-0 and win a Sec Championship as a Qb then it's possible. Treon came into college as a highly ranked player so he must have been an athletic person. You can't tell me there was absolutely nothing Mac could have changed to be Treon more effective, whether that be him running an option, wildcat, read option ect, he could have done something other than saying ok Treon I know we have a bad line and you can't read a defense but I want you to drop back and throw the ball anyway. There has been so many Qb's who were nobody and we're able to play because they ran a system. And someone brought up the LSU game and said he played a great game, if he was able to put that performance together then he's capable of doing it so it Mac's job to adjust when things are not going his way. Instead he kept doing the same thing. Everyone says who was behind him, there was someone who Mac brought in as a transfer as a Qb why did we bring him in if he didn't think he was even as good as treon? Oh because of depth it's important right. This is just another player that never belong on the field at UF but was let on the team by Mac. He continues to bring in players like this.
Your posts make my head hurt.

They're like one long, continuous, run-on sentence....even though they're punctuated(kinda).

It's one thing to incessantly bytch, it's another to keep repeating the same thing every single time, just worded a little differently.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Yeah that 14 points vs Kintucky, 10/points vs Tinerc and 14 offensive points vs Mizzu were really lighting up the scoreboard. Felt like fun and gun days.

You have said this 799 times but you fail to say that these were his first games in college and you forget the fact that he was improving and you could tell he was grasping the offense....

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
There was nothing Treon could do well... Also to those saying Mac should've adjusted the offense, what should we have done different? I'd like to hear the ideas considering our o line was horrible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Sorry but factually incorrect. Even as bad as be was, and without playing for a month, Harris through for more yards than Jeff Dipshytskel's best year.... And did so without singlehandedly giving the opposing team multiple TDs and Dipshytskel did every other game. Lets not forget Harris, as true freshman who wasnt even an early entrant outplaying 4th Dipshytskel head to head.

I will say that Donald Douglas and maybe Fat Dog were probably worse than Dipshytskel but its hard to say given the differences in offensive schemes.

More yards than Jeff??? What year did Treon throw for 4000 yards?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

I hate to agree with this. But you're right. Driskel was by far the worst quarterback we've ever had. Everyone needs to remember that last year's offensive line had multiple draft picks leave and he could not move the offense. That's the reason a freshman Harris had to take over.

I'm not trying to say that last year's o-line were world beaters but Driskel would've had about 40 turnovers with this year's line.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You have said this 799 times but you fail to say that these were his first games in college and you forget the fact that he was improving and you could tell he was grasping the offense....
Dan, I agree. I think he would have gotten better. I think he would have been great even. I think he could have been a champion and changed the program. But it is merely speculation.

However, claiming that our offense was rolling is joke. Also, claiming victories over some of the worst teams on our schedule doesn't do much for me either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator