Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I must have seen him on a bad day, because he was floating everything

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
So we are counting 3 walk-on practice arm guys as actual quarterback options and also including a guy who was ineligible for the year. So lets remove those 4 guys, because they aren't options. You have three quarterbacks left after Grier's departure, Harris (we know who he is), Grady (a guy who came to be a WR) and Guy (who has a noodle arm). People really need to pay attention to the context of the "6" quarterbacks on the roster. People are just looking for reasons to ***** at times.
So are you saying that Mac isn't a "QB guru", a quarterback "whisperer", hasn't "coached 'em" up and that Clarabell can't actually play QB?

Because that's what I've been told.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm saying that it takes two things Talent and Coaching. We don't have talented depth.. So he can whisper all he wants if their isn't talent with a ceiling well enough for SEC big boy football. You can plug a guy in and hide his issues short term, Spurrier was a master of this (the year we used three qbs). We won games inspite of our talent at the position, we had to bring on 3 of those walk ons in 2015, just to have arms in cap due to the previous regime.

And no Clarabelle can't play qb at Florida, but I like a coach who thinks they can win with a dog. Spurrier believed he could win with anyone, and so did Meyer. You should believe you can win with anyone even if you logically know you can't.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
We will just have to wait and see if all these transfer players can do anything. I think Franks redshirts so it will be one of the other Qb's
Out of the gate you would have to think that Del Rio has a slight advantage. He's been there basically a year and in Mac/Nuss' system.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I like a coach who thinks they can win with a dog. Spurrier believed he could win with anyone, and so did Meyer. You should believe you can win with anyone even if you logically know you can't.

Muschamp believed he could win without playing offense at all. :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
78 with all due respect you don't have a clue how good any of the backup QBs are. You're speculating and making assumptions.

This is what we all know... Harris is worse than Clarabell.

Given that, I would bet you a million dollars that I could have coached up one of the other 4 available QBs in the month before the bowl game to be at least better than Treon frickin Harris.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I'm thinking Del Rio should be something like Coker was for Alabama.

Yeah I mentioned that earlier in the thread that he has a slight advantage and got a thumbs down. But He's the only one out of the 4 QB's that even have an idea what the offense should be. So, yes he should have a good shot from the start. I'm not including Freon at all in the equation.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
78 with all due respect you don't have a clue how good any of the backup QBs are. You're speculating and making assumptions.

And what exactly are you doing then? Are you a member of the coaching staff? My guess is no, and you are trying to change the argument because your previous one was not working. I know it takes talent to play SEC football. I know we had three walkon quarterbacks who joined the team in 2015, which according to the 24/7 Florida Roster has zero stars between them. They are walk on arms, because of depth at the position was $hit due to the previous regime. Do you think Coaching is Marry Poppins or a Fairy Godmother who just flips a wand and they become SEC caliber? It would be different if we had talent, but we didn't. Also what quarterback was going to operate behind our line. Let's throw a guy in their with zero game experience, and see how he does behind our line.

A dog would be a better quarterback, so either you are complaining to complain. Or you are high on the good stuff. I hope it is the second.

Given that, I would bet you a million dollars that I could have coached up one of the other 4 available QBs in the month before the bowl game to be at least better than Treon frickin Harris.

Said a guy who is watching the games from the stands. There is a reason you are in the stands and he is on the sidelines. Most of us understand the difference, apparently you do not.

Sorry about not using the quote function, security software is blocking it currently.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah I mentioned that earlier in the thread that he has a slight advantage and got a thumbs down. But He's the only one out of the 4 QB's that even have an idea what the offense should be. So, yes he should have a good shot from the start. I'm not including Freon at all in the equation.
There were reports coming out that he looked the best out of the group during fall practice, which could explain why they tried so hard to get him eligible immediately. Obviously, those reports could be wrong and they wanted him eligible in case of injury. Either way though Franks is not ready and it's doubtful he will be ready anytime soon so really we are going to have to roll with Del Rio or Appleby and see what happens. Appleby was an Elite 11 guy which is impressive and he clearly had talent but never came close to really showing anything at Purdue.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015

I'd take that bet any day of the week because I'm betting you don't know shyt from shinola about coaching anyone, especially against a defense as good as Michigan.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think our play calling and offensive scheme this year was light years ahead of what we've seen since Tebow left. And that created a lot of optimism. But then the Treon debacle happened and I saw a coach that is so rigid in his offensive ideology he was willing to sacrifice winning for it. That raises a red flag with me.

This may come as a surprise to some of you but I'm also worried about this staff's ability to recruit. Is a 9-3 season next year good enough to lure the blue chippers? 10-2 this year should have yielded a star studded class but so far those studs haven't jumped on board. Why?

So if this class is indicative of what they're going to recruit then we have a Mark Richt on our hands. A coach that will get us 9, 10 wins a year but never be able to beat the top teams.

The offense we trotted out versus Tennessee and Ole Miss and in spots versus LSU are what this offense is all about. Teams schemed us up hard once they realized Harris' deficiencies and the offense was done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.