How does the offensive class rank vs the defensive class?

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Cuz if our class looks to be top three on the O side and bottom 3 on the D side (in the SEC) I'm good with that.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Well for the last few years it's been the other way around. Maybe that'll even us out.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Does anyone even rank recruiting classes in this way?

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
How do you compare "Lukewarm" to "Mediocre "? :(

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
We got 3 LBs. color me thrilled!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'm wondering if threat is serious?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I'm no recruiting guru and can barely stand to follow it anymore, but you have to be pleased at the class from an offensive standpoint. Hopefully, this will bring us a functional offense for the next several years and keep the recruiting momentum going...on that side of the ball.
That said, it appears we could also be feeling the negative effects on the defensive side of the ball starting in the year 2017. Unless he's depending on winning games 42-37, Mac needs to get some guys that are pit bulls on the recruiting trail. They may be good coaches, but they gotta have the talent to compete in this league. Mixed emotions because it feels like we took one step forward and one step back.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
We take a step back on defense from elite to great. But we take a huge leap on offense from the worst to average. I'll take it.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm no recruiting guru and can barely stand to follow it anymore, but you have to be pleased at the class from an offensive standpoint.
I will never be pleased with a class that has three OL.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
2 of the 3 LBs we got have a very low likelihood of being anything more than what top teams consider emergency insurance. That's not really a win. Don't get me wrong I hope they pan out but right now our rivals are playing 5 card draw at the featured table while we are in the corner sticking change in the slot machine.

More simply put... The LBs may turn out great, but chances are not nearly as high as the team's surrounding us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Hard not to like the offense side. We got 2 QBs (3 if you count the grad transfer) and they are EEs. RBs are good. The WR class is very good on paper. I agree with Law, we needed at least one more OL. I would've like to have seen a TE also.

Defense had mostly lows. Clayton is a good get. Gardner as well. Losing Manuel hurt. I know we're good at DT numbers wise, but I kept hearing about how we didn't have anyone else lined up. You guys are right. You don't need elite DTs. You need strong mofos that you can develop. LB class is not bad, but we needed at least one elite LBs. Certainly not a good class. The DB class also missed except for Gardner. I think at best we have a couple good defensive recruits and depth.

Doopree

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
I'm suprised we didn't nab a top tier TE considering the number of touches McGee saw last season.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Slight sarcasm, but isn't that more LBs than the last 2 classes combined
Which is why we needed top guys who are ready to play (or as close as possible) not projects. Its also why we needed 4-6 of them. Really, we should have brought 9 on board over the last three years. There is a reason Mac was trying to sign 3 more. Probably half of the recruts wont develop or will get hurt. We really need some jucos or transfers in the next class.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.