Recruiting How many do you think we sign?

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I think we get to 20 because we don't have a choice. We need bodies. They may be 2-3 stars but we'll get there. This is all on Foley btw for keeping Muschamp on life support longer than needed. Should have made that tough decision last year. Indefensible.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n146303 said:
This is all on Foley btw for keeping Muschamp on life support longer than needed. Should have made that tough decision last year. Indefensible.

:deadhorse:

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I have no idea how many but I trust Big Mac to address our most dire needs this year and then use an improved record and exciting offense to lure in more talent next year.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
-THE DUDE-;n146170 said:
17-20 is about the best i think we'll do unless we start reaching for some players just to get some more bodies on the team. We have to sign some OL and ideally 6-7 to really start to turn this around but im not holding my breath.

This was such a big year in the state of Florida with some primo talent and we just **** the bed by keeping muschamp after last year. Foley basically threw a hail mary in keeping him...the ultimate risk/reward situtation. If we turned everything around we probably end with a top 1-2 class and at worst top 5. The season goes like it did and well...we see what's happening.

If we somehow had another 2012 type season I doubt it would have mattered with offensive recruits - The better offensive skill players weren't coming as long as he remained imo. I guess if the hail mary included a good offense somehow some may have reconsidered.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n146316 said:

I've made it a point to avoid referencing that but when we are talking about the current recruiting class, I really feel it is relevant. No reason for us to be in such bad shape. This will affect the next three years...negatively.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n146381 said:
If we somehow had another 2012 type season I doubt it would have mattered with offensive recruits - The better offensive skill players weren't coming as long as he remained imo. I guess if the hail mary included a good offense somehow some may have reconsidered.
That's why i said turn everything around...he was kept on and we sacrificed the OC to do it. If we turned around the offense then we had the perfect excuse for recruits. Its not even so much about the W-L record...we needed to look like a different team all together

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Question- do JuCo transfers count in this? I don't know.

HS Recruits, I'd venture to guess we land about 15-18, and we supplement with another 2-5 JuCo guys to fill significant holes (OL). Even if it is a thin class, so long as the product on the field looks good next year we should massively improve our recruiting following this transition year. Good product on the field tells kids this staff knows what it is doing, thin roster tells them there is a chance to see the field early.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n146429 said:
No, I miss original thoughts on a subject.
YOU complaining about original thoughts? Have you ever had one?

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n146441 said:
YOU complaining about original thoughts? Have you ever had one?

No, that is why I would come here to find some.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Get CeCe and Cowart, and we'll get more flips as a result and push it to around 25, if we miss both, then 18.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
18 I hope as a minimum but I don't want us giving out scollys just to have bodies. Either you fit into our desires or not.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n146429 said:
No, I miss original thoughts on a subject.

Please point me to any of your posts that he even the slightest hint of any content.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
VulcanAlex;n146748 said:
18 I hope as a minimum but I don't want us giving out scollys just to have bodies. Either you fit into our desires or not.

We need bodies. They will have to fill the class with 2 & 3 stars. They don't have a choice. The previous regime didn't recruit properly across the board.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n147387 said:
Please point me to any of your posts that he even the slightest hint of any content.

Every single one of them. :proud:

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n147413 said:
We need bodies. They will have to fill the class with 2 & 3 stars. They don't have a choice. The previous regime didn't recruit properly across the board.
Hard choice, we do need bodies, a healthy 3 star OL is better than an injured one who can't play, and we do need bodies in that position. But if we don't give out the scollys this year and we have a decent next year, we could have a huge, quality class next year. No doubt about the last regime not only didn't recruit properly across the board, heavy on the defense, and the results showed.

Amazin1

Finally found my way home
Jan 10, 2015
We can't rely on Cece, Cowart or Ivey to pull any of these guys, unless they tell people they are coming here. they aren't committing until nsd. i think we fill the class with some lower rated guys and then pull a few big guys at the end. we also need to pull a couple jc guys to help fill in the class. i believe around 21 when all is said and done. leaves us a couple open for next year, when we can build an alabama type class...:pumper:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.