Hudson tabbed as SEC Player of the Week

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Junior transfer has scored in double figures in every game this season
By Andrew Kovar | Monday, November 27, 2017
image_handler.aspx

GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Jalen Hudson was named as the SEC Player of the Week, as announced by the league office Monday.

Hudson averaged 25.3 points per game in the Gators three games in the PK 80 tournament earning All-Tournament honors in the Motion Bracket. This included a 35 point performance against No. 17 Gonzaga in the second round.

He netted eight threes in the overtime win becoming the first Florida player since Michael Frazier II in March of 2014 to hit 7+ threes in a game.

The junior followed that up by recording his first collegiate double-double in the PK 80 Final against No. 1 Duke. Hudson tallied 24 points while collecting a career-high 10 boards.

Hudson is the only Gator to score in double figures in each of the first six games.

http://floridagators.com/news/2017/...-hudson-tabbed-as-sec-player-of-the-week.aspx

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
He played well. Should've closed the deal last night but White has those boys playing well.

Congrats Hudson and the rest of the Gators.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Hudson's a stud. Glad we have him and love his consistency. Hope he keeps it going all year.

Also, you might want to change that title from all caps unless you want a vacation.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
We are two for two. Well the good news for the rest of the SEC is that we only play one game this week, so there is a chance that we won’t win it for three weeks in a row.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Also, you might want to change that title from all caps unless you want a vacation.

I just cut and pasted the UF website title. Someone edited the all caps out, but it is a pretty odd thing to do given that the producers of the article felt that all caps were appropriate for the headline?

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I just cut and pasted the UF website title. Someone edited the all caps out, but it is a pretty odd thing to do given that the producers of the article felt that all caps were appropriate for the headline?
I don't know what other website do and don't allow, or what producers or editor see as acceptable, but I know on this board, the rules are stated and the ball-less horned cow doesn't like it.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Hudson is our most reliable scorer. Egor should be as reliable? God bless Chiozza; he has worked up his game. This team & White have pleasantly surprised me already, andthebest is yet to come = young inexperienced guys and Egbunu's return. However, what Egbunu do we get? He's usually worth nearly 10 points, what 5 rebounds?
We need him yes, clogging the middle, no guarantee that we'll get a big jump from Egbunu, unless he's better than before, leaving all nagging injuries behind. I do look forward to his return & becoming a beast with the joy of playing alongside these teammates. Basketball is a blitch to work on a 'half-assed" knee; hope Shands repaired it great and our phys-therapy is bang-up unbreakable.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Good on him, well deserved. Transfer Jr, so we have him this year and next, correct? Love how he plays - great at attacking the basket, but it doesn't feel like he is ball hogging, at least not as yet.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
If Egor played with reliability similar to Hudson's, we'd be undefeated. Egor's got to get his confidence back. He even goes clumsy often. His determined defense on Zag's & Duke's big men inside was a surprise - done well via a high Bball IQ. Our freshmen's FG% is near 60% and that's from outside shots. White's got them going.

Looking for Gak to have better contributing stats and for 6'9" freshman Chase Johnson to become a David Lee type; he's really well co-ordinated with a good shooting touch.

Last edited:

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
He played well. Should've closed the deal last night but White has those boys playing well.

Congrats Hudson and the rest of the Gators.
Hudson was a monster, no doubt. But there were 2 possessions in a row when we had a big lead and like 3 minutes left that really hurt, first Cheese then Hudson didn't pass at all and took early in the shot clock poor shots, both misses leading to Dook scores. It hurt because that game was won if they just kept the ball movement and using the clock trying to find a decent shot at the end of it. Of course if the most obvious offensive foul I've seen as a no-call was actually called, we still probably would have squeaked it out. The loss in the final minute after having a huge lead almost the entire second half didn't really surprise me considering how many nut-shots we had taken recently.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Good on him, well deserved. Transfer Jr, so we have him this year and next, correct? Love how he plays - great at attacking the basket, but it doesn't feel like he is ball hogging, at least not as yet.
He could easily go NBA so we better enjoy having him this season.

g8r.tom

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2017
Dude is an assassin. Scores in multiple ways and hits the boards. Gonna be a fun ride with coach White.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator