Hurricane Idalia

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
In 3 years there's gonna be a bunch of little "Idalias" starting preschool.

Alex.

Spurffelbow833

Supporting Member
Jun 23, 2020
I can't wait until they start giving hurricanes cutesy "virtue" names like Precious, Destiny, Patience, Journey, Serenity, etc. The kid usually ends up being the antithesis of the name, as will the storms.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I can't wait until they start giving hurricanes cutesy "virtue" names like Precious, Destiny, Patience, Journey, Serenity, etc. The kid usually ends up being the antithesis of the name, as will the storms.

Negative.

What we need are more ethnically inclusive names because clearly you're all a buncha racists.

Sha'Carria. Dontavian. Nevaeh. Quintarius. Jordyn. Alyks. LaDrayton. Aaliyah. Zahara. Briondria. Jazmyne. Booker. Trayvonne.

Alex.

Last edited:

Spurffelbow833

Supporting Member
Jun 23, 2020
Negative.

What we need are more ethnically inclusive names because clearly you're all a buncha racists.

Sha'Carria. Dontavian. Nevaeh. Quintarius. Jordyn. Alyks. LaDrayton. Aaliyah. Zahara. Briondria. Jazmyne. Booker. Trayvonne.

Alex.
The National Weather Service needs to issue gender identity and pronouns for hurricanes. For far too long, we've been shamefully presumptious, bigoted, and narrow-minded toward these misunderstood immigrants.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
The National Weather Service needs to issue gender identity and pronouns for hurricanes. For far too long, we've been shamefully presumptious, bigoted, and narrow-minded toward these misunderstood immigrants.

Finally. Somebody around here gets it. Thank you.

Why does it have to be a HER-icane? Why can't it be a HIM-icane or a They-icane?

Henceforth, all hurricanes, err, uhh, personcanes shall be issued a suitably diverse name AND appropriate pronouns depending on how the personcane chooses to identify (which can change depending on the personcane's feelings that day) or whatever the personcane's kindergarten teacher wants to call it.

Alex.

Spurffelbow833

Supporting Member
Jun 23, 2020

Why does it have to be a HER-icane? Why can't it be a HIM-icane or a They-icane?

Henceforth, all hurricanes, err, uhh, personcanes shall be issued a suitably diverse name AND appropriate pronouns depending on how the personcane chooses to identify (which can change depending on the personcane's feelings that day) or whatever the personcane's kindergarten teacher wants to call it.

Alex.
No matter what they call themselves or how they identify, the real problem with them is they all spin to the left.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020

Alex.
Tropical depressions, and CAT-1 storms could be either hericanes or himicanes (rather meek in relation to the more powerful storms). CAT-2 and above are obviously hericanes (very angry just like most women when not getting her way) and should be named/renamed accordingly.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Why me? Why again? I know these storms are a pain in the ass for everyone in their path but f vck me....this f vck's up neary everything in my life including business, home, investments....you name it. Can't bind insurance so what the f vck do I do about rescheduling 50 plus closings before the end of the week....and don't get me started on prep for 4 properties.....I'll literally do more work in the next 48 hours than the entire Army Corp. of Engineers do in 6 months...... f vck this...

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Negative.

Alex.
I command you to henceforth use Alyks as your signature on your posts :lol:

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Why me? Why again? I know these storms are a pain in the ass for everyone in their path but f vck me....this f vck's up neary everything in my life including business, home, investments....you name it. Can't bind insurance so what the f vck do I do about rescheduling 50 plus closings before the end of the week....and don't get me started on prep for 4 properties.....I'll literally do more work in the next 48 hours than the entire Army Corp. of Engineers do in 6 months...... f vck this...
Why you gonna prep for a tropical storm?

LaylaGator

Born to Hate Florida State
Lifetime Member
Feb 28, 2021
Publix out of bread and ice. I was prestocked on essentials anyway, so no big deal. I'll throw some bottled water in the freezers tonight to make more ice. The liquor store at Publix was closed though, so I had to circle around Winn Dixie for vodka and Rumple. Plug in my Halos tonight, and I'm all set. :swampqueen:

Treebeard

Oops, just stepped on a Lorax.
Lifetime Member
Dec 23, 2015
Well, so much for my game watch party.
Likely deployed to work Logistics/USAR coordination at Orange County Convention Center. They asked me to be there Tuesday night but Ocala is on the front side so I said I'll get there after the storm passes my house

One bright spot is that there are only really nice places to stay near the Center.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator